Skip to content

Is there a way to have more detailed roll info output to chat box?

I've been searching for the past hour to see if I could find this info without asking it on the forum, but due to the nature of having the words "save" and "roll" in the question... it has been futile =P.

I am wondering if it is possible to have very detailed feedback show in chat for every cast/attack in BG:EE? For instance when I cast a spell on a character I want to show what the character rolled as well as what number it was compared to to show if it was a success/fail. Right now it just says basically shows "Fail" or "Saved: Roll" but doesn't show any modifiers or what it was rolling against.

I'd like to see something like Success: 10 (-4) vs 1 if they rolled a 10, the spell had a -4 modifier, and their save was 1.

I know that might be asking a lot, but obviously the game goes through all these calculations for every saving throw, so I was curious if there was a way (or a mod) that would simply output the result so I could see what I'm dealing with every time.

Even if it isn't exactly like my example, the more information the better imo so I can better plan out what buffs or debuffs I need to throw out based on the numerical data without opening all the char sheets and looking up the individual mobs online.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    when it comes to saving throws in your chat box here is how it works:

if you succeed on the save, it will show in the chat box, if you failed on the save, then it will not show in the chat box

i suppose the reason why they don't specifically show you why what you rolled to pass or fail the save is because you know what you need to pass the save

so for example: if your save vs death is 5, that means you need to roll a 5 or better on a d20 die to pass the save

but i can understand where you are coming from where if you fail the save you still want to see what your failed result was ( i suppose kind of how 3rd edition does this )

this sort of implementation would have to be something that the devs incorporate, im pretty sure there is no option out there that shows your failed results via options menus or the like
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    There is an option to get the game to show much more detailed combat information - add the following to your LUA file:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Extra Combat Info','1')

As for saving throws, I think @GrimJim did a mod providing more feedback on spells. I'm not sure if that covered saving throws, but it might be something for you to investigate.
    Raduziel
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Grond0 What are those "much more detailed", exactly?

Thanks!
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited July 2018
    @Raduziel it provides a breakdown of adjustments to the to hit and the damage rolls. I don't use it routinely due to the volume of text becoming so great, but it can be useful to confirm how some sort of change you've made has affected combat.
    Raduziel
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    If I only knew that when building I Hate Undead...

Thanks!
    Grond0