Skip to content

[MOD] EEex (v0.10.2-alpha)

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Bubb, what say you to adding your pathfinding patch to EEex if it isn't in already?

Thankee!
  • Christian79Christian79 Member Posts: 48
    I know it is unfair to post this here but since entering ToB I am experiencing frequent crashes. Most notably during prebuffing and on the occasion when Illasera starts her dialogue.

My mod setup is basically Ascension, SCS EEEx and the spell menu on top of Lefreuts Enhanced UI. BGIIEE was super stable but now I get dragged down somewhat. I don't know if EEEx is related to the problem but since it is still alpha and my assumption is that many people use SCS+Ascension and I didn't find any reports that match my problem I figured it might be related to EEEx.

But might as well be the current version of Ascension for all I know since this is the only mod only affecting the current content.
  • zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 75
    9mocj37c8v14.jpg
    After I installed Olvyn Spells I get this message. What does it mean?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited March 2023
    @zelazko
    zelazko wrote: »
    9mocj37c8v14.jpg
    After I installed Olvyn Spells I get this message. What does it mean?

That error means either:

1. You are using an outdated version of EEex.
    2. You don't have EEex properly installed (the files from EEex might not be in your override folder for whatever reason).
  • zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 75
    Pretty hard to update the mod you install in the very beginning like EEEX. My version is EEex: 0.9.7.
    I checked the override folder for files and they match with the copy folder of the EEex package.
    @zelazko
    zelazko wrote: »
    Pretty hard to update the mod you install in the very beginning like EEEX. My version is EEex: 0.9.7.
    I checked the override folder for files and they match with the copy folder of the EEex package.

Version 0.9.7 of EEex is very outdated. It doesn't include many of the features reimplemented since then that are required for the EEex-only spells of OlvynSpells to work. Unfortunately, you'll have to reinstall with the current version of EEex if you want OlvynSpells to work without errors.
    @Bubb

Now here's something you haven't heard in a while.

I sent you a pull request!

I added back the ability add effects that call a function each time the target does an action, and the ability to add functions that are called each time an effect is applied to any creature.
  • raizoraizo Member Posts: 31
    1) Is Hotkeys functionality useful only to moders?
    2) Can it be used to "queue", for instance, a few buff spells under one key and then use it to cast them one after the other?
    @raizo
    Your queue request is a good idea - and one I support - if it isn't included already!

Enhanced Powergaming Scripts handles buffing, but not via manual queuing.
  • raizoraizo Member Posts: 31
    Endarire wrote: »
    @raizo
    Enhanced Powergaming Scripts handles buffing, but not via manual queuing.

Interesting, however it looks like, you can't change, which buffs are used.
    It sucks, because you'd cast different buffs for easy, medium and difficult fights.

The linked scripts have an option for only using long term buffs.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    What is the good place to install this mod? I typically do it late and add OlvynSpells after it, but I have seen installs with this as the first install. So I was wondering the best place in the lineup for it?
    Install EEex after your UI mods.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    edited April 2023
    The only rule for EEex is to place it before any mods that require it / provide additional features if it is present. Also, a small correction to Endarire's point: UI mods can make use of EEex, and if they do EEex should be placed before them — though the only ones I'm aware of are my spell menu and Infinity UI++.
    Thankee. I wasn't sure how Infinity UI and EEex should be handled for install order.
  • crittocritto Member Posts: 32
    Hello, folks.

One of the structures featured in the documentation, CDerivedStatsTemplate (https://eeex-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/EE Game Structures (x64)/CD/index.html#cderivedstatstemplate), has fields m_nMoraleBreak and m_nMoraleRecoveryTime. However, it does not carry the Morale field (like in CCreatureFileHeader).

Is it something that could be added to the structure?

I am playing around with a debug overlay tool that relies on the data read from CDerivedStats to provide debugging information. I would like to take a look at how morale value changes in real time. Unfortunately, it can't be accessed from CDerivedStats.

Cheers,
    critto
    Hi @critto, all of the engine structs are set in stone. Though, is there a reason why you can't access the CCreatureFileHeader portion of the sprite? It should be similar to how you are accessing CDerivedStats, it's just a different offset from the start of CGameSprite.
  • crittocritto Member Posts: 32
    Hi Bubb,

It was my understanding that the information stored in CCreatureFileHeader is static, being read from a CRE file. And the data from CDerivedStats is what the game stores in memory and updates in realtime. Am I correct in my assumption?
    edited April 2023
    CCreatureFileHeader holds the sprite's .CRE fields, though the values aren't necessarily static. Anything that changes a creature's "base" value of something, (and is truly permanent, i.e. not tied to an active effect), most likely changes the value of the field in the .CRE. These changes are reflected in the .SAV's stored version of the creature. So, in this case, the m_morale field in CCreatureFileHeader is the creature's current morale.
  • SparrowJacekSparrowJacek Member Posts: 17
    Hello.

We're working on the same mod with Critto, @Bubb is there a way to access CGameSprite objects without EEEx? Let's say to list a pair of "creatureName: creatureMorale" for all creatures that are visible on screen? That way we'd be able to work on the mod on Mac, since EEEx is still Windows-only.
  • HitoshuraHitoshura Member Posts: 8
    Hello, I'm new to this mod and asking for help in regards to mod issues, but when ever install this mod, my game seems to stutter lag (or freeze for a bit) its far more evident when I'm scrolling across the screen. I have the latest version of the game and the mod.

The mods I have are:

Gibberling's tweaks, spell revision, divine remix.
    Artisan's Kitpack, house rules, and shadow magic kit.
    Lefreut's enhanced UI
    And, Portraits portraits everywhere.

Forgive me for my ignorance if i'm missing anything.
    @Bubb is there a way to access CGameSprite objects without EEEx?
    Not unless you implement:
    1) A loader program similar to InfinityLoader that gives you internal access to normally closed-off data, or
    2) An external program like Tapa's BG2RadarOverlay that can read memory from a remote process.

Either case is a lot of work, and the real difficulty is making a solution that works on every platform.

@Hitoshura: Can you upload that install's WeiDU.log, and a save that is stuttering?
    edited April 2023
    @Bubb I tried installing the mods one by one and then trying to launch EEex. Only after installing Artisan's Houserules (or atleast one of the components) causes it to stutter-lag.

After some testing it seems to have trouble with Expanded Racial Bonuses and INT/WIS/CHA-based Bonus Spell Slots components. after removing them, the stutter problem is gone.
    Post edited by Hitoshura on
    I eagerly await the reimplementation for 2.6 of opcode 280 (the effect that causes spells to trigger a wild surge) which lets you choose which wild surge it will trigger, and can suppress the wild surge message and graphics. On OlvynSpells, that is needed for Spellshaping: Fireball, Mass Cast, and Enoll Eva's Duplication to work.

Thankee!
    After playing around for a bit, i found out that EEex creates issues with romance in the game, specifically the Lovetalk variables. The variables disappear for V and A, while the lovetalk for J just loops back to 1.
    Hitoshura wrote: »
    After playing around for a bit, i found out that EEex creates issues with romance in the game, specifically the Lovetalk variables. The variables disappear for V and A, while the lovetalk for J just loops back to 1.

Are you sure this is caused by EEex, and not some bug with the scripts? If EEex is affecting those variables it would be affecting all variables in some particularly roundabout fashion, which would result in a way more breakage than just some lovetalks.

If possible, could you provide some repo steps?

Also, I'm looking into the stuttering you reported earlier. The Artisan's Houserules components work by periodically causing a ton of effect list reevaluations on every creature in the area, which actually creates a perceivable, albeit much less severe, stutter even without EEex. I tried changing the engine to LuaJIT, which helped somewhat, but not enough. It looks like I'll have to move some of EEex's code, especially the effect-handling and projectile-handling, out of Lua and into C.
    Bubb wrote: »

Are you sure this is caused by EEex, and not some bug with the scripts? If EEex is affecting those variables it would be affecting all variables in some particularly roundabout fashion, which would result in a way more breakage than just some lovetalks.

If possible, could you provide some repo steps?

Also, I'm looking into the stuttering you reported earlier. The Artisan's Houserules components work by periodically causing a ton of effect list reevaluations on every creature in the area, which actually creates a perceivable, albeit much less severe, stutter even without EEex. I tried changing the engine to LuaJIT, which helped somewhat, but not enough. It looks like I'll have to move some of EEex's code, especially the effect-handling and projectile-handling, out of Lua and into C.

Yes, I believe it is EEex that is causing this issue, as I did a fresh reinstall with no mods, and the problem still persist. Speaking of breakage, there were a couple of times where npcs would not enter locked doors that were scripted to be open by them, or the party is supposed to teleport to another location but the script does not trigger. However these were few and far between.
    (I'm dumb but whats a repo step)

Also thank you, I never did notice that House tweaks caused stutter issue, interesting to note.
    Yes, I believe it is EEex that is causing this issue, as I did a fresh reinstall with no mods, and the problem still persist.
    Do you mean a clean install, with no mods except for EEex? Also, did you test on a new game after you removed the mods? Since variables persist in a save altering the mod lineup shouldn't retroactively fix the problem.
    whats a repo step
    A series of steps that causes the bug to reliably occur. Basically, a procedure I can follow to make the bug happen so I can diagnose it.
    edited April 2023
    Bubb wrote: »
    Yes, I believe it is EEex that is causing this issue, as I did a fresh reinstall with no mods, and the problem still persist.
    Do you mean a clean install, with no mods except for EEex? Also, did you test on a new game after you removed the mods? Since variables persist in a save altering the mod lineup shouldn't retroactively fix the problem.

My apologies, while it was a clean install with no mods but EEex, i did load a save. After deleting the save and starting a new game, there is no issue. So i assume it must be conflicting with a mod. (The same ones i use for BG1). I'll try to figure out which one it is, and I'll get back to you. Thank you for your time.
  • shadowlichshadowlich Member Posts: 51
    With 2.5 version of EEex I was able to read the sprite m_memorizedSpellsLevelPriest

Can someone help me on this incredible challenge for me ?