Skip to content

Will the PC version be compatible with Surface Pro?

Will the PC version be compatible with Surface Pro, or will I have to buy two different version for each of them?

Comments

• ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited November 2012
    Surface Pro runs PC apps like any PC, and the graphics card is the Intel HD4000 which has decent OpenGL support. So in theory your PC version will just work. I don't know what the official word is regarding that specific tablet though or if any testing was actually done though.

Hmmm... that said, the PC version expects you to be using a mouse and keyboard, not fingers. It'll work with touch (like any PC app on Surface Pro), but it'll not be as comfortable as the versions specifically designed for tablets. Overhaul hasn't announced a Windows RT (Windows Store-type app for Windows 8 tablets) version of BG:EE.
  • catleo110catleo110 Member Posts: 5
    Zeckul said:

Surface Pro runs PC apps like any PC, and the graphics card is the Intel HD4000 which has decent OpenGL support. So in theory your PC version will just work. I don't know what the official word is regarding that specific tablet though or if any testing was actually done though.

Hmmm... that said, the PC version expects you to be using a mouse and keyboard, not fingers. It'll work with touch (like any PC app on Surface Pro), but it'll not be as comfortable as the versions specifically designed for tablets. Overhaul hasn't announced a Windows RT (Windows Store-type app for Windows 8 tablets) version of BG:EE.

Hmmm, I see. THX.
  • BalSagothBalSagoth Member Posts: 3
    It works fine on Acer W700 which has the same specs as Surface Pro. Unfortunately PC version is not quite designed for touch screens. I play it in window with the help of On-Screen Keyboard pro (just to use the arrows and Tab key).
    I really hope there will be future improvements to that. Maybe something in the options to say that we are using touch screen and not mouse and keyboard. I have written in Feature Requests but no answer.
  • cujhcujh Member Posts: 1
    Game works decently on the surface pro. The issue i ran into was the game randomly stopped working and just started crashing, no message at all. Finally fixed it by rolling back the intel video driver to system default. Game is running smoothly again.