Skip to content

Looking for a cofounder for a language-learning entreprise starting in NWN

ValeriyaValeriya Member Posts: 55
Hello everyone,
I want to invite you all to check out LanguageQuesters PW - http://languagequesters.wixsite.com/lgqs

My goal is to create a language-learning gameworld; one that combines language-learning and learning-exchange tools while being immersed in a fantasy world filled with adventures. The PW is not launched yet; I'm hard at work on it. However, with this thread, I'm looking for a cofounder.

The server may go beyond NWN, though for the first stage of the project it will launch in NWN as the main R&D instrument for the project. Having been familiar with NWN since 2002, I think it's an amazing tool.

As far as requirements for the cofounder: good programming/software engineering skills and passion for languages (a specific language, or language-learning in general) and role-playing fantasy games; creativity and ingenuity. You don't have to be familiar with NWN scripting language or even with the toolset, though it would be helpful if you are.

Check out the website.

If anyone is inspired, please contact me:

languagequesters (at) gmail (dot) com

I will answer all your questions and we can go into details.

Comments

• philbophilbo Member Posts: 19
    A very interesting concept. A few years ago I very nearly started a similar project for learning Latin. I ultimately pushed back the game portion and started with some Latin language comics for low level students. (check out the project at www.sequentiallatin.org) I wrote and illustrated the comics. Unfortunately all of it has been put on hiatus indefinitely.

I love writing fantasy adventures and illustrating characters. I have made many adventures using the Aurora toolset. When I was a kid NWN was how I learned scripting. I love RPGs. I also love languages.

Seems like I might be the perfect fit. Iread through the website and would love to hear more about the project.

Maybe walk me through a standard session for a player. What is the gameplay like? What are interactions like?