Skip to content

2 player party questions

CruelIntentionsCruelIntentions Member Posts: 10
Me and a friend decided to play this game as I read it's more combat-oriented than Baldur's Gate which she prefers. I think it'll be more enjoyable and convenient that we each control 1 character. To ensure the key classes are covered I figure we should play as fighter/mage/cleric and fighter/mage/thief, especially since we'll be getting more experience playing as a duo (and I also like the variety).

I'm still debating some things.

1: Is it better to be an elf or half-elf as a F/M/T? An elf gets +2 with bows (as the dexterity bonus stacks), +1 long swords and has sleep and charm resistance. A half-elf, however, will have more hit points. So far I've read conflicting advice.

2: What would be a good choice for weapon proficiencies? Single weapon? Dual weapons? Personally, I like using bows, but I'm not sure if that will work as well when playing with only 2 characters.

3: When I played BG:EE I liked the extra hit points from the find familiar. Is it still worth getting? If so, which one?

4: How hard is the game to play with 2 characters? I am considering playing the game on normal difficulty while basically getting max stats.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I would go with Ranger/Cleric and FMT.

1) Elf

2) Nothing special comes to my mind now, but bows are a must, especially with Messenger of Sseth

3) I wouldn't mind with this HP boost. Anyone familiar with good thieving skills to cover the party's thief will be fine. Remember that they are hardcoded to be related to the summoner's alignment.

4) Hard. IWD throws waves of enemies, resting is harder and you can't rely on the treasures' you'll find as they are kind of randomized.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Raduziel said:

I would go with Ranger/Cleric and FMT.

1) Elf

2) Nothing special comes to my mind now, but bows are a must, especially with Messenger of Sseth

3) I wouldn't mind with this HP boost. Anyone familiar with good thieving skills to cover the party's thief will be fine. Remember that they are hardcoded to be related to the summoner's alignment.

4) Hard. IWD throws waves of enemies, resting is harder and you can't rely on the treasures' you'll find as they are kind of randomized.

ah but also remember the OP said they will be playing on normal, so the zerg like waves will not be bothering them, that only happens when you play on harder difficulties
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @sarevok57 That's true. I can't remember the last time I didn't play on Insane.
    sarevok57