Skip to content

Overhauled textures? Optional o part of the game?

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
The overhauled and improved textures will be part of an official patch? Do I have to select everything manually in the Steam workshop?

I'd rather prefer an official patch instead of downloading mods all the time.

(I know, I know, mods are cool, but if you work 11 hours I just don't want to mess around with mods anylonger, I want the best gaming experience possible without having to install everything. I played the original NVN in 2003. I was younger and had more time to experiment with everything. Nowadays, I have to work a lot and I hardly have time to play games. So, when I play a game I want to experience it and not play around with external files.

PS: This thread is not meant to be rude against the modders. What I wanted to ask if Beamdog will implement some mods as OFFICIAL patches and not just put them into the Steam Workshop.

Comments

• tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    I believe the idea behind them being released on the steam workshop/vault is to showcase what is coming with time and give people early access to such as they continue to improve and test things, I imagine an actual update with the upgraded textures and the like won't be for quite a while yet as they continue to work on it and flesh it out with enough to cover all aspects of the base game's assets so that people don't get wowed at the Hall of Justice and then drop back suddenly to 2001 era textures.
  • JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 165
    Speaking of which, where is that content stored folks?
    I subscribed to the Aribeth model on the steam workshop, saw a 1 downloaded of 1 message but can't seem to find anything downloaded.
  • tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    edited August 2018
    Japualtah said:

Speaking of which, where is that content stored folks?
    I subscribed to the Aribeth model on the steam workshop, saw a 1 downloaded of 1 message but can't seem to find anything downloaded.

After the Aribeth, Greataxe and Player Model showcase, they took the original uploads down and started uploading them with a standardized Beamdog steam account instead of developers personal steam accounts so they're all helpfully in one location.

All of the current ones can be found at the following link and all future ones should be when they're released to draw us in more.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198407315141/myworkshopfiles/?appid=704450

*edit*

Reread your message, after it's subscribed to, it downloads into \steamapps\workshop\content\704450 (704450 is the nwn steam workshop ID I believe) and each individual workshop item has it's own sub-folder with a different random identifying number.

Hope this helps,
  • JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 165
    Why, thank you !