Skip to content

SHS Down For Days Now, Need Some Help...

AshvalAshval Member Posts: 5
edited August 2018 in BGII:EE Mods
Well met. I'm hoping one of you kind souls might be able to help me out. I've been trying for three days now to use BWS to start a new playthrough of BGII:EE with my mods of choice. SHS has been dead that whole time, so I can't access several mods that I need. I've spent a few hours searching for alternative links on the net and managed to find the following:

Imoen Frienship v3.3
klatu Tweaks and Fixes 1.7.7
LaValygar v.4.0
Rogue Rebalancing 4.92
Sarevok Friendship v2.3
Wizard Slayer Rebalancing v1.13

Hopefully these are the latest versions, and I'm not going to break something by installing them. It's hard to tell with so many old links around.

What I really need help with...is finding these mods...

BiG World Textpack
IEP Extended Banters

I can't find a good link for either of these mods anywhere. Does anyone by chance know of a mirror or have these and would be willing to help me out?

Thank you so much for any assistance. I sure hope SHS is aware of this and working on it, because it's been way too long since I got to play some BG2...and I'm losing my mind waiting. :)
Post edited by Ashval on

Comments

• AshvalAshval Member Posts: 5
    Well, it looks like a few of the mods I found elsewhere aren't the latest version. Argh.

I guess I'm still stuck waiting indefinitely. This sucks. I can't even find evidence online anywhere that someone with SHS is aware of the issue and working on it. It does look like this happens an awful lot though. Lesson learned. I'll be saving any and all mods once I get my hands on them again. :(
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

So are you also getting a message that says this?

"This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above."
    Yes.

Also any downloads through BWS fail for mods hosted there.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,001
    The Wayback Machine of web.archive.org is a really good way of getting files if they have been taken down / the links are dead. Apparently SHS was saved by a bot in February, so hopefully these files are the most recent versions:

BiG World Textpack - This one was saved on FEB 13 and is v17

IEP Extended Banters - This one was saved on SEP 28, 2017; a bit older, the version is v4.2, hopefully it is the most recent release
    Thank you, Bubb. I actually thought of trying that, and those are both outdated versions of the mods according to BWS. Several of the other mods I have on my list that I found links to or used Wayback Machine to find are outdated also. I'm leery to try to start a playthrough now without knowing what was fixed in the more recent versions, and I'm honestly not sure how to force the installs through BWS anyway. I think I'm going to just have to wait it out.

Again, thanks for offering the suggestion though!