Skip to content

My Jaheria Romance Is Definitely NOT Progressing

11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
This happened to me last time I played a couple months ago too. I'm on Chapter II, and I made sure to accept Gaelen's proposal.

I left the game paused for an hour, and nothing seems to be working.

I hate using the CLUAconsole because I've never been able to get it to work for romances, and it tends to just break the romance even more - for instance, having to always use the console to progress the romance after using the console once.

In the past, I'd just walk around for about 30 seconds after accepting Gaelen's proposal, and I'd get Jaheria's romance to progress. Honestly, I think it's a bug because I've been playing BG:II for years, and I've never had this problem, even in the old, original BG:II.

I'm not a noob; I'm not in a dungeon.

Even if it's not a bug, I kinda wish Beamdog would patch BG:II like how they patch BG:I about 200 times.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Jaheairha has more than in game timers for her romance. The Xzar and Harper quests are mandatory. You need to sleep at an inn a couple times for triggers for those. A couple rests outside, for bandit encounter and the left note. A couple quests AFTER all that. And to top everythibg off, a 5 hour REAL TIME timer, not game time.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    edited August 2018
    ThacoBell said:

Jaheairha has more than in game timers for her romance. The Xzar and Harper quests are mandatory. You need to sleep at an inn a couple times for triggers for those. A couple rests outside, for bandit encounter and the left note. A couple quests AFTER all that. And to top everythibg off, a 5 hour REAL TIME timer, not game time.

Jaheria's initial romance dialog: the one where she basically says, "Where to now leader?" has no requirements. In fact, if I remember correctly, it should start almost immediately.

Also, can someone else back up that there's a 5 hour timer? That sounds completely untrue.

I'm literally saying her romance isn't starting. It has to be a bug.
    I'm not using the beta version of the game, I'm using the retail version of the game. That's probably the issue?
    Yes, the timer for Terminsel to appear at the end of Jaheria's romance line is 5 hours real time. Advancing in game time for day did nothing, and when I used a console command to advance real time by an hour, he showed up right at the 5 hour mark when changing areas. Of note, when not romancing her, its a much shorter timer.

As to your specific problem, yeah it should start immediately when you start chapter 2. What's your race, and are you using mods?
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    C:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","Global",1)

That will cause the next dialogue to trigger unless there are other requirements, resting, resting somewhere overland other than Athkatla are required for some steps.

C:SetGlobal("TerminselAppear","Global",1)

Saves you the 5 hrs
    ThacoBell said:

Yes, the timer for Terminsel to appear at the end of Jaheria's romance line is 5 hours real time. Advancing in game time for day did nothing, and when I used a console command to advance real time by an hour, he showed up right at the 5 hour mark when changing areas. Of note, when not romancing her, its a much shorter timer.

As to your specific problem, yeah it should start immediately when you start chapter 2. What's your race, and are you using mods?

I'm half-elf and, no, I'm not using mods.
    Did you, at any point, remove her frm the party? Or were you rude? Othewise, yeah, it might be a bug. Worst case, the console command provided above should fix it for you.
    edited August 2018
    ThacoBell said:

Did you, at any point, remove her frm the party? Or were you rude? Othewise, yeah, it might be a bug. Worst case, the console command provided above should fix it for you.

Nope I never removed her from my party, and I was never even given an opportunity to be rude to her in conversation.

Also, the console is a temporary fix where the problem is that the romance doesn't PROGRESS. That means, if the romance isn't progressing, I'll always have to use the console in order to get the romance to progress.
    If you trigger the romance start with the console, it should progress normally.
    ThacoBell said:

If you trigger the romance start with the console, it should progress normally.

Oh, okay. I'll give it a try then.