Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Fighter stronghold quests not advancing

Ive checked multiple walkthroughs and they all say that you should get a messenger telling you to go back because Lord Roenall wants to see you. But this has not happened for weeks.

Do I need Nalia in my party for this to trigger? Am I missing something? Ive accepted the priest of tempus already, but im not getting any more fighter stronghold quests.

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    You don't need Nalia for the quests to trigger, but they take a while and sometimes it's easy to miss the messenger if he appears at the wrong time. As a rule if you are 2 or in game more weeks after the last step/taking the stronghold then swing by and check the keep personally.

I will note that stronghold quests get suspended when in Ch4-5, so if you have traveled through Spellhold+Underdark then usually you'll get the messenger when you arrive back on the surface, but the Elves "interview" cut scene+scripts can make it hard to notice them.

ThacoBell
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    While it's kinda necro - there wasn't a proper answer...
    Oddly, I got it bugged as well; cause I somewhere missed the runner or he got stuck...

An easy fix is either to use eekeeper or nearinfinity to open the *gam file of the save and set the global variable 'KPRUNNERSPAWN=1' to 0.
    After reloading the runner appeared right away for me - I was at the castle anyway :>

..if it's of some further help.