Skip to content

Unlearn spells?

Can I "unlearn" or deltete a spell from a spellbook and replace it with a spell I would rather have?
For example, can I remove Clairvoyance from Imoen"s spellbook of level 3 spells and replace it with Invisibility 10 feet radius, which I would find more useful?
I tried to use the delete the spell by right clicking after I un-memorized it, but for some reason, maybe my own , the game did not allow me to memorize the new spell.
Any tips? Thanks, Gorris

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I'm not sure I understand why the game won't allow Imoen to learn a new spell. Once you right-click the spell scroll and click on write spell, what message do you get?
  • gorris75gorris75 Member Posts: 60
    There is no message. Nothing happens. The level 3 spell (Invisibility, 10foot radius) does have a subscript 1 along side it, which I thought meant it was learned. But it is not in my spellbook list of learned spells.
    When I tried the procedure with a level 7 spell, I got the write spell to spellbook message and did so. (I admit that I did not try the right click button. I did not know or forgot that.)Sorry it took a while for my reply..life got busy.
    Gorris
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @gorris75 Can you provide screenshots?

Are you running any mod?
  • borntodieborntodie Member Posts: 199
    It is possible, but not needed in the first place. Just drink a potion of genius (or maybe two) before you start writing scrolls and you can learn every spell in the game.

Potions of genius are sold in temples.
    The subscript you see is the amount of scrolls you have. This is because you can stack identical scrolls on top of each other.

A spell scroll is a one-time use item. You can either use it to cast the spell or write it into a Mage's spellbook. Either case will consume the scroll.

To determine if a spell can be learned by a Mage or Bard, check to see if the scroll icon has a green tint around it. If it doesn't, you can't learn the spell.

If the scroll has a red tint instead, it's because your Mage is specialized in a school opposed to the school of that particular spell and there's nothing you can do. If the scroll has no tint, it's because you have learned the maximum number of spells of that level allowed by your Intelligence score.

To be able to learn a new spell, you must first erase a spell of the same level from your spellbook. You can do that by right-clicking the spell icon on the known spells list.

Or you could drink a option that temporarily raises your INT score, which lets you learn more spells.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Kilivitz said:

To be able to learn a new spell, you must first erase a spell of the same level from your spellbook. You can do that by right-clicking the spell icon on the known spells list.

Or you could drink a option that temporarily raises your INT score, which lets you learn more spells.

Just to clarify: this only applies if you already reached the maximum spells per level that your Intelligence score allows.
    edited September 2018
    Which I had explained on the two paragraphs preceding those ones.