Skip to content

Height Slider..."You Must Be This Tall to"

PappaChazzPappaChazz Member Posts: 20
Okay, I know this likely sounds stupid/silly/idiotic/ignorant/whatever, but I've seen a couple of references to a "height slider" that seem to be talking about modifying flying heights. I was hoping to see if there was a height slider that actually adjusted the PC height, as they have on a couple of the servers for the original NWN (not EE) and, of course, NWN2. As in "a thingamabob that makes a players character taller or shorter, and maybe thicker or thinner, too." I was also hoping to find some hint as to how you put that into place. Anyone have some direction for a totally lost noob? (and if someone asks if I've tried Hari Khrisna.....)
Post edited by PappaChazz on

Comments

• Wall3tWall3t Member Posts: 90
    I've seen this already in use on a server, and would like to know also where this is possible.
  • dafenadafena Member Posts: 74
    Yes, you can use

float SetObjectVisualTransform(object oObject, int nTransform, float fValue);

Where your object is the PC, the nTransform is 10 (for scale) and the value +- 1.0

Easiest way is to make a conversation where you set a script that makes it taller/shorter, each option getting the PC value at the moment and then adding or subtracting a value.
  • dafenadafena Member Posts: 74
    You can even use it on NPCs: add a local variable with the height and then a line before you spawn it, using the value of the variable to make whatever you want!

We can't make it a slider right now, not without the control to make custom GUIs :disappointed:
  • PappaChazzPappaChazz Member Posts: 20
    Sweeet! Thank you for the clarification. Now if I can just pin down our scriptors for a few minutes heheh
  • Wall3tWall3t Member Posts: 90
    Im going to start my own discussion on this seeing as i'm interested in seeing how this can work I dont want to piggy back off of someone elses