Skip to content

Convenience Script - Instant store access, Easy prebuffing, Bard song

ManiacalFreakManiacalFreak Member Posts: 20
edited August 2021 in BG:EE Mods
Convenience Script Mod for Baldur's Gate: EE games

This script provides basic attack functionality as well as hotkeys to activate some special convenience features. The convenience features can only be activated out of combat.

Characters with stealth ability will automatically attempt to hide when out of combat.

Bards will automatically sing their battlesong and attack.

Attack Functionality:
Warriors will approach enemies and attack. Non-warriors will attack enemies within weapon range but will not approach distant enemies. Characters will not stop detecting traps, singing a bardsong, or turning undead to attack, but they will break invisibility or stealth. To keep a character in stealth, toggle off AI.

Hotkeys (affecting selected characters):
"K" - Opens a store, allowing you to sell items immediately without trekking back to town. The store has no price depreciation.
"B" - Gives instant casting with no recovery for 6 seconds, for your prebuffing convenience.
"N" - Recover spent spells and abilities.
"Y" - Equip a melee weapon
"U" - Equip a ranged weapon

Note that Y and U are bound by default to toggling some UI elements. It is recommended that you unbind these default actions.

Spell Hotkeys:
Instantly casts the spell without using a spell slot. The character must know the spell.
"S" - Minor Sequencer
"D" - Spell Sequencer
"E" - Spell Trigger
"C" - Contingency
"V" - Chain Contingency
"T" - Melf's Minute Meteors
"G" - Stoneskin / Ironskin
"F" - Friends

Download from GitHub:
https://github.com/pcurrivan/ConvenienceScript
Post edited by ManiacalFreak on
kensai

Comments

• LeiluLeilu Member Posts: 64
    Hi,
    If I understand, with this, I can attack with a skald AND sing at the same time ?
  • ManiacalFreakManiacalFreak Member Posts: 20
    Leilu wrote: »
    Hi,
    If I understand, with this, I can attack with a skald AND sing at the same time ?

Yes, it bypasses the song icon and just forces the song effect every round. You can technically do so without mods by micromanaging very carefully, so the idea is that this just makes it much more convenient.
    Leilu wrote: »
    Hi,

Yes, it bypasses the song icon and just forces the song effect every round. You can technically do so without mods by micromanaging very carefully, so the idea is that this just makes it much more convenient.

Thanks.
    I was asking the question because when my bard attacked there was no longer the singing icon on the band members.
    Also, with this script, when I don't tell my bard to attack manually, he's just singing, he's not attacking.
    edited April 2021
    I just tested a bard and it seems to work. Can you give some more info? What kit are you using, what level are they, what game version are you using, are you using any other mods that modify bards? Also note that only Blades will charge into melee, so unless your non-blade is right next to an enemy he won't attack while he sings unless he has a ranged weapon.
    It was a melee skald in IWDEE 2.5 and 2.6 beta. No other mods that modify bards. I didn't test with a ranged weapon but indeed, the skald remained on the spot to sing instead of going to the melee.

Atm, I'm using your script in BGEE 2.6 with a bower skald.

If I right click to attack, skald will only use his bow. If I place him in range of foes, he'll attack + sing.
    Maybe I misunderstood the expected behavior of your script which does not allow a bard to sing when right clicking on a target.

---

With the IWD version of your script, I found very useful the T keybind to search traps outside of combat even with the full party selected. Why does the BG version lack it?

Is there a way to make the rogue always look for traps outside of combat?

Sorry for my late response, I forgot to bookmark this post.

Thanks
    @Leilu Sorry for the late response as well. I just released a new version with slightly improved bard behavior. All bards are now aggressive with melee weapons.

Regarding the "T" traps hotkey, as I recall it was just force-casting the Find Traps spell which felt pretty cheaty since it bypassed the thief skill. Also I learned since then that you can press Ctrl-4 to toggle ground trap visibility, so I would recommend just doing that if you are impatient with trap-finding.

You could certainly edit the script to make the thief find traps or to do anything else. Just open Near Infinity, open the Scripts folder on the left, make a copy of the script (P!QCKBUF.BS) and edit it to your heart's content. For trap finding I would just copy the first block of code from the thief3 script.
    Leilu
    @ManiacalFreak Hi,

A little feedback for your nice mod.
    I'm using your mod for bard kits and I was wondering if it was possible to add the automatic singing of it in the SCS Ease-of-use AI script?
    I really like the latter too as I don't have to deal with long duration buffs like stoneskin/ironskin.

Regarding traps, the comfort solution that suits me the most is the use of the Tweaks and Tricks mod.

I would also love to be able to merge your stealth feature with SCS script so that my thieves are always trying to hide in the shadows while taking advantage of SCS's Ease-of-Use AI for mages (auto melf meteor, auto stoneskin and so on). This would be very handy for thief/mages for example.