Skip to content

Requesting sage advice regarding Paladins and Lawful-Good Warrior/Cleric

Let's say I'm building an NPC with a deep grudge and vendetta to all Paladins. That NPC has become a hunter of Paladins.

What would be their relation to Lawful-Good Warrior/Cleric NPCs who worship Torm or another deity affiliated with Paladins?

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    A stabby one where blades talk most of the time, probably. I'd even extent his/her hatred towards aasimons, archons and similar lawful good-aligned outsiders in order to flesh out the character.
    ThacoBell
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    I've thought about making it against orders of Paladins, as in Anomen for example would be targeted for relating to 'Radiant Heart'.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    Eh, if you wanna roleplay that, then you need to make a mod for yourself to play. You don't just go around offing paladins without bringing authorities, bounty hunters and last but not least the order(s) you target come crashing down your head. I mean, sure, if you kill one or two, they would just be like "It's a risk that's part of the job", but if truly start hunting them, then you would be hunted relentlessly in turn and shunned by most civilized cities. The DnD equivalent of choppers would be monitoring every step you take, and you would be ambushed time and time again, first by I guess the Flaming Fist or some other rent-a-cops and bounty hunters, then by whatever equivalent of FEDS the Sword Coast has (I guess Flaming Fist again, but this time the elites) and by elite adventurers, something like Drizzt party maybe and finally the order themselves would sent out squads on "Locate and eliminate" missions. All cities, including BG, would shut the gates when you approach, then send out their armies.
    Balrog99ThacoBell
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited September 2018
    Doesn't this fit the very definition of "Blackguard"? I've often heard "Anti-Paladin" used as an alternate name for the class.

It seems like this character would want to have Dorn as his best bro and go rampaging through the Radiant Heart as soon as they arrive in Athkatla. (Wedding crashing, anyone?)
    ThacoBell
    edited September 2018
    DrakeICN said:

Eh, if you wanna roleplay that, then you need to make a mod for yourself to play. You don't just go around offing paladins without bringing authorities, bounty hunters and last but not least the order(s) you target come crashing down your head. I mean, sure, if you kill one or two, they would just be like "It's a risk that's part of the job", but if truly start hunting them, then you would be hunted relentlessly in turn and shunned by most civilized cities. The DnD equivalent of choppers would be monitoring every step you take, and you would be ambushed time and time again, first by I guess the Flaming Fist or some other rent-a-cops and bounty hunters, then by whatever equivalent of FEDS the Sword Coast has (I guess Flaming Fist again, but this time the elites) and by elite adventurers, something like Drizzt party maybe and finally the order themselves would sent out squads on "Locate and eliminate" missions. All cities, including BG, would shut the gates when you approach, then send out their armies.

That makes it very interesting. If anyone does this in BG2, a way to disguise identity would have to be implemented as well.
    edited September 2018

Doesn't this fit the very definition of "Blackguard"? I've often heard "Anti-Paladin" used as an alternate name for the class.

It seems like this character would want to have Dorn as his best bro and go rampaging through the Radiant Heart as soon as they arrive in Athkatla. (Wedding crashing, anyone?)

That's a great idea, although I believe Blackguard are not defined by hunting Paladins but by being a villain.
    Post edited by lnstructor_ on
    DJKajuru