Skip to content

Controls are very frustrating

Some examples :

-Characters dont automatically unlock stuff/disable traps, have to keep using the radial menu for every single trapped container. Henchmen will only unlock if you fail to unlock it and they often fail to detect containers correctly. And ive had henchmen run ahead to disarm a trap and then aggro a whole pack of monsters to get killed.

-There doesnt appear to be any way to assign baldur's gate style scripts to help with party control. There doesnt even seem to be a way to tell a henchman to cast a specific spell or heal themselves, you can only get them to heal you.

-Henchmen going leroy jenkins and charging into enemies only to get killed. Tomi in the OC is a great example of this. Doesnt help that henchmen all seem to be built for melee (Sharwynn has two weapon fighting feats, which is a bad idea because she has low hp + low AC...)

-Characters constantly getting stuck on doors or rocks. Pathfinding is way worse than baldur's gate as well...in BG 1 i can click on the opposite side of the map and my party will probably be able to get there, in NWN you are limited to a much shorter range.

-Power attack constantly de-activating itself. It seems to do this after the current target dies. Why is it not a toggle? Why does it turn itself off? I barely use it because of this. Turning it on for every single enemy in a dungeon is just WAY too time consuming.