Skip to content

A universal points of interest map mod, or exporting custom map markers from one game into another

crawlkillcrawlkill Member Posts: 71
edited September 2018 in BG:EE Mods
Hey there!

I've been thinking about doing a full-survey recording of a playthrough of BG1, but I want to a) make sure I hit as close to everything as possible and b) minimize time wandering aimlessly in the woods, because man is there a lot of empty woodland on the Sword Coast. What I'd really like is a mod that drops a marker everywhere in the game something more or less interesting happens, the way that many online guides do--I'd probably use this one as my template:

http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/megamap.htm

I'm wondering if there's some way I could achieve that--seems like the brute force approach would be to explore every area before "starting" the game and manually marking every point of interest, so that when I wander into the area for the "first time" while recording I've already got everywhere worth visiting laid out. Could a more generalized approach be possible, though? Is it the kind of thing I could...build myself as a mod, just a big set of PoIs map markers that can be installed on anyone's game? Got zero experience in that realm, but it seems like it probably wouldn't be THAT hard a place to start if I could get some direction!