I have just discovered the howto for iOS modding and I am eager to give it a try on a new EE trilogy run. I have never modded the game before and I don't have any knowledge about popular available mods either. While I browsed through this forum and have seen a couple I would like from the description, it is impossible for me to assess invasiveness and incompatibility risks.
Now, considering that debugging on iOS is nonexistent (and I don't have the PC versions), non-jailbreaked security restrictions, different OS and binary file formats and, finally, that SoD is a separate app from BGEE rather than an installed expansion, I am completely at a loss as what to choose.
It must be possible to import the saves from BG1 to SoD to BG2, preserving the changed parts of the game such as kits and rebalancing. I would prefer to err on the conservative side and avoid significant mechanic changes, refraining to new content, cosmetics and rebalancing tweaks. I also want to avoid any changes resulting in elevating something (classes, items, npc) to highest echelons of power and near-OP levels.
I am particularly interested in:
* restoration of cut content / introduction of backstories and character plots
* banter/flirt/romance packs
* new NPCs (at least for BG1, I have still enough new content to see in SoD)
* Improved AI at least eliminating cheesy exploit tactics (like escaping/attacking outside the field of view). I am not looking for super-hard difficulty levels as I'll go with Core Rules as always, just making combat a bit more realistic
* simple rebalancing of underpowered classes and mechanics (like dual wielding) - anything which before had clearly 'best' choices outperforming everything else
* ideally, cheese removal - especially altering some spells in BG2 (everyone knows which) - but any 'I Win' elements in general
* basically any small tweaks which are universally considered 'standard' and safe improvements.
* optionally, altering some of the more cringeworthy, offhand content from SoD. I am not talking about necessary removal of touchy topics, but rather handling them with a bit more tact than a punch in the face.
I would also love more differantiated cleric kits (in spells and weapon restrictions), as I was planning on some variant of fighter(ranger)/cleric this time based on projected party composition in all installments, but this is completely optional, especially in light of new NPCs.
Is there anything I should pay particular attention in light of the iOS restrictions? For example, I read that any new areas or dialogue requires special handling?
Obviously, I am likewise interested in counterparts of these mods for BG2EE, but if this isn't the place to talk about rrilogy as a whole, I can start a similar topic in the BG2EE section.