Skip to content

Fighter/Purple Dragon/Weapon master xp penalty

mement0mement0 Member Posts: 105
edited September 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
Could use some help please.

I have a human Fighter 4/Purple Dragon Knight 1 and plan to eventually develop this character as F4/PDN5/WM.

As this character will hit his 6th level soon, how should i proceed with the xp penalty in mind?

Comments

• GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    The purple dragon knight and weapon master classes are prestige classes. Prestige classes don't trigger multiclass XP penalties.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    plus humans are way more flexible on XP penalties, since whatever your highest level base class counts as your "favourite" class, which can change depending on what class hits what level

but as Grymlorde said, this is no XP penalty for prestige classes regardless of race
  • mement0mement0 Member Posts: 105
    Thank you. I also realised that at character level 6 was not possible to get WM yet due to prerequisites. So I had to choose between fighter and purple dragon.

Also, I realised that my character does not have the required INT and DEX for WM. I reallocated the attributesb correctly using the console.

Now I am wondering if saving throws auto adjust when you use the condole to change an attribute. Anyone got an idea?
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    Saving throws automatically update any time the appropriate ability is changed, including through the console, as the only static part about them is the part that is obtained from your class levels, though giving yourself XP equal to the negative of your current experience so that you're sent back to level 1 properly reduces your saves.
  • mement0mement0 Member Posts: 105
    DerpCity said:

Saving throws automatically update any time the appropriate ability is changed, including through the console, as the only static part about them is the part that is obtained from your class levels, though giving yourself XP equal to the negative of your current experience so that you're sent back to level 1 properly reduces your saves.

Well, this is nice to hear. Now I just have to figure out the skill points of a fighter 4/weapon master 2 since I changed INT from 10 to 14.