Skip to content

AC 2da

PappaChazzPappaChazz Member Posts: 20
I ran into a bit of a confusion with the parts_chest.2da. As near as I can figure, there's a differentiation between things that stay on and clothing, but I've not been able to find it explained anywhere. There are some clothing pieces that are AC 0.00 Those, apparently, are things that stay on when you take off your breastplate, like either an undergarment or your body. Further, they don't show up in your inventory in game and you seem to only be able to have one. You take off whatever and there it is. The other choice is AC 0.01. Those are clothes. They sit in your inventory, clearly visible until you take them off or put them on. You can carry loads of them. I also see some are set aside as AC 1.00, AC 2.00...AC 8.00. The confusing part is that some are AC 0.012, AC 0.033 or AC 0.0whatever. Any place to find info about this?

All help graciously appreciated

Thanks - P

Comments

• TheBarbarianTheBarbarian Member Posts: 58
    The AC value in the 2das determines the listing order of the models in the toolset and in the game, aside from (for chest parts) determining whether it's cloth, light, medium, or heavy armour, and all but the first one mean that the player needs to have the associated armour proficiency feat in order to equip the armour. I think chest model 0 is just the default for "no chest model whatsoever". It'd probably be good form to avoid using that AC value at all.

More info:
    Link: http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Armor

So, the decimal points in the AC values allow you to change the order around for convenience. :-)
  • PappaChazzPappaChazz Member Posts: 20
    Oohh....and I was thinking it was some complicated evil mojo thing I'd never even be able to grasp the gist of and that would involve a grass skirt, bone mask and chicken guts. Major thanks TB on the clarification (and putting it in a way that I can understand without grabbing down the "Translator from Folks Who Actually Know to Twits like Me" :) I definitely appreciate your help (and so will the guys on the server who actually might be able to use and see things I fix, now heheheh)

Thank you *very* much!

-P