Skip to content

Exp Cap Remover - iPad (via WeiDu?)

TundramanTundraman Member Posts: 9
Hello folks,

I have recently begun playing BG:EE for the first time on iPad through purchasing on the app store and decided to play it as 3 PCs with no companions. I enjoy the game moreso with full control over class/abilities and with less dialogue.

My main issue is that my usual playstyle of sandbox the game and do all optional things as early as possible has my 3-main party level capped with 161k exp. This roadblock occurred in the basement of Durlag's tower where not only is there a rich amount of exp, but also no way out.

I have attempted to utilize Luke93's iPad modding guide and successfully made it to the stage where I can create .bg1data files to send and open with Baldur's Gate; files which the game recognizes and allows me to copy to the app - however, none of the attempts to get an xp cap remover have worked. All exp earned after implementation of override folder with cap within yields 161k still going strong.

I have since downloaded WeiDu and due to my (incredible) lack of experience with anything like it, I am in over my head. I attempted to follow a few guides from Subtledoctor and on how to use the mac mod installer - but even the youtube video provided was of no help as my game file is different due to it being downloaded and unzipped from the app store.

I am in way over my head and have put too much time into this to give up and play level capped and limp dick. I really need assistance with:

1. The easiest non-jailbreak iPad xp cap remover
2. WeiDu mods if option 1 is not available
3. a step by step guide (preferably video or via messenger) on exactly how to do this, something I'd pay $$$ for, quite honestly. If only I could pay beamdog to remove the cap or add an option, hell, I'm sure players would pay $x.xx for an app store add-on to do so - I know I would.

So that concludes my plea for assistance - I currently have tweaks anthology downloaded (holy files I know not what to do with), WeiDu and Mac mod installer (scared to open them because it is so far beyond my understanding), and using Mac OSX.