Skip to content

Buttons Missing Greyed Out

Hi all
Just got my steam version of this great game but already have an issue.

I have no options to use the How to Play button -because it and the Store buttons dont exist/GREYED OUT is this normal?.

I have checked files on steam no additional files to be uploaded , tho the game loads and seems to run ok, because i am new to this game i would prefer a tutorial .

Hope somebody can advise me
Many Thanks Kagen60

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    in the original there was a short tutorial where you could learn the very basics of the game, it seems that EE does not have it any more.
    the manual should be as good or better that the old tutorial, and if you want to go deeper into game mechanics
    also this is really useful to learn a lot about magic:
    http://hiteffect.com/xs/xyx/BG2SR/Main.htm
    is old, and some things have been changed by EE, but teaches the basics way better then the manual.

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    edited October 2018
    Kagen60 said:

Hi all
    Just got my steam version of this great game but already have an issue.

I have no options to use the How to Play button -because it and the Store buttons dont exist/GREYED OUT is this normal?.

I have checked files on steam no additional files to be uploaded , tho the game loads and seems to run ok, because i am new to this game i would prefer a tutorial .

Hope somebody can advise me
    Many Thanks Kagen60

Within the game, in the first area, there are a couple of places where you have the opportunity to practise fighting.

There are also a lot of NPC (non player characters, i'm not being patronising, it's always taken me ages to work out some of the accronyms) who if you talk to them, tell you facts and hints about how to use things and where you can get things.

I think you will be fine if you just take your time and get all the info in that first area.

I didn't even know there was a tutorial for years, always meant to have a look at it. I suppose it's too late now.

And if you get really stuck, there is always somebody here who will help out.
    Good luck. :)

Edited.

Damn, didn't realise this was posted in the BG2 section and the above applies to BG1.
    Sorry.
    But BG1 is the better RPG IMO, so perhaps start with that?