Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

There's currently a forum problem with avatars not showing in reactions.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Seeking opinions on my next run(spoilers)

Hello Friends!

I have just completed my evil run and am looking to start my next one. Here are the parameters:
BGEE with SCS and NPC project
BG2EE with Ascension and SCS
No SoD (don’t own it)
Core difficulty.
Full party.

The options:
1) F9-> Druid dual. I would end up with these parties:
BG 1:
Ajantis, Safana, Neera(and if I can’t stand her, Xan), Quayle, Faldorn
BG 2:
Keldorn, Jan, Aerie, Anomen, Neera (or Valygar or Nahlia if I can’t stand her)

However... do I dual from a Wizard Slayer and go Darts/Staff, or from a Zerker and go Dagger/Staff?

2) F/C multiclass canon run:
BG1:
Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc, Dynaheir
BG2:
Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, Mazzy, Nahlia and replace either of the last two in ToB with Sarevok.

But, do I go classic dwarf F/C or try something I’ve never seen before and go gnome F/C?!?!? No dwarven thrower, though. 😭

One other idea: go F/M/C!!

Any thoughts?

JuliusBorisov

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 3,786
    for the fighter to druid, if you are going melee, i would do berserker instead of wizard slayer, the measly 7% magic resistance and enemy mage casting failure wont really make up for the loss of cewl magic items ( at least in my opinion)

as for weapon choice i would go scimitar, either dual wield or sword and board

but if you do go ranged than wizard slayer might be a better option especially if you want to do the dart route

but if i were doing this run, i would do berserker -> druid and use scimitar(s)

for fighter/clerics

dwarves are better because they don't get a penalty to wisdom ( like gnomes do ) but gnomes can have 18 DEX and CHA ( at least in the beginning ) in mid bg1 a dwarf can crank their DEX to 18, so now its basically, what do you want instead; 21 WIS, 17 CHA or 20 WIS, 19 CHA ( if you even plan to have your CHA that high )

gnomes also dont get the save vs death saving throw bonus that dwarves get ( although clerics already start off with a nice bonus and i believe they get down to 2 at max saving throw level )

so shorty wise, dwarves are better

or if you want to do something a bit more fun, try a half-orc fighter cleric, only disadvantage is that you wont get the shorty save bonus, but you can start with a killer 19 STR/CON 18 DEX and 18 WIS ( shazam ) an absolute monster to be sure, with tomes you can have a default 20 STR/CON in bg1 and then with draw upon holy might you can crank 'er up to 22 each ( and even hitting 21 DEX if you give this holmes the tome of DEX and you had 18 DEX to start with )

with the F/M/C it will definately be an interesting run ( although i think only half-elves can do this class, or maybe gnomes as well..... ) the one thing to note however is that by SoA you will hit level 5 spells relatively quickly, but it will take EONS before you hit your first level 6 spells, and level 7 will be the same, and its entirely possible that you will be at the end of ToB before you even hit level 8 mage spells, my suggestion with this class is play it for the lulz, not really for seriousness, in my opinion a cleric/mage or fighter/cleric or fighter/mage is just more practical and useful, but hey, if you have never played the class, give 'er gas

• butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 95
    Thanks for the insights, @sarevok57 . You know, it was your posts on WS->Druid mage disabling that turned my head in that direction. Question: why do you prefer scimitars over staffs for the druid?

The Half-Orc idea is quite excellent. Nothing like a str 19 sling stone to ruin a foe's day.

Dwarves definitely make for a better F/C than gnomes. Good points all around. I suppose the only reason I'd pick gnome is for the novelty. I did a search for gnome F/C on the internet and found nada.

I think gnome, dwarf, and half-orc would all do nicely with the farting preacher sound-set that I put together. The half-elf F/M/C, not so much (or maybe so if I think of him as half-human).

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 3,786
    for bg1 scimitars are insanely powerful ( thanks to drizzt's scimitars ) or even in bg2 belm can give you a nice boost for attacks, especially in the off hand

and usually for melee'ers i like doing weapon and shield over 2 handed weapon style because that AC does make a difference, especially in ToB if that AC difference is -10 over -15

although, bg1 does have the staff spear which is not too shabby, but i think frost brand and a large shield +1/+2 is better ( infact frostbrand deals as much damage as the staff spear, and it has better to hit, plus it's only one handed )

the only problem with scimitars in SoA, is that you will not be finding a +3 version that you can use until the drow city, which is a small downside, although the blackblood club in SoA is pretty killer, and i had lots of play throughs were jaheira used that weapon

now back in the day, staff of the woodlands was the ultimate +4 staff, but i dont think it gives that neato +3 AC bonus anymore unless the armor you are wearing is giving less than that bonus