Skip to content

{PW} The definitive Steampunk Development.

Wall3tWall3t Member Posts: 90
Hello everyone!

So I often post on a few websites including a few facebook groups but as of 2017 i have been in development of a steampunk gameworld called "The Realm of Midland" (or RoM for short). It will be a roleplay action, adult dark themed, frontier, sandbox world.

As of right now this new gameworld already includes new classes, sub races, new custom content assets, roleplaying dialogue elements, and a story line that effects the gameworld based on player choices.

What I will be doing here is sharing what I already have done, and finished, as monthly updates. If you simply can't wait for an update, I have every bit of information you can find on my website instead:

midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/

Much of the world is greatly inspired by games such as Diablo to Fable to elder scrolls and novels and books of all kinds including fellow D&D campaigns such as the D&D 3.5 Steampunk Wild West Campaign Setting. These are just to name a few as I kind of gone in entirely my own direction but these have greatly been the inspirations behind this development.

To summarize: I currently have a server up and running, but it is in its early beta stages, so it will not be accessed to the public (yet). There will come a time when that happens but for now i will simply be sharing this content over the next month or so.

The current story thus far:

The setting takes place in the following year of 1611 m.y* in the country of Midland, a large continent within Acadias. Midland is a diverse landscape with many races, wild earthen animals and magical alike. All brought to the world by means of magical phenomenons known as the Myst: Large, sometimes dangerous, anomalies that dot the regions of Midland.

Description of Midland geography is best said as a lush vibrant all segregated by vast mountains. In between are often small feudal like societies that is often divided and irrigated for farming very similar to landscapes like an English, french, or medieval German countryside. In between these are large vast forests where often many wild life exist.

The era itself It is a progressive time similar to that of a European renaissance age. an age of exploration of innovation in industrial technology, education, health and military prowess. Castle's often mark the spots of border's and territories, while armies are used as deterrents against would-be invasions and upholding peace.

The plot so far:

The plot will take place in the Southern portion of Midland in the country of Meles (Pronounced: Muh~Lees) where the player will get to decide there race, back story, and a starting location. Each starting location will be based on a difficulty setting and a light story line before they decide where they want to go.

The primary goal of Midland is the exploration of the world and the discovery of its past. as Meles in particular holds many secrets in which the player will find on there journeys. In short it is an adventuring world, with classical dungeon's and dangerous factions to fight... or even join. The idea is to want to shape and create your character around an established game world that moves ever forward.

Primary goals for the gameworld (IE my checklist)

Create an immersive rpg style gameworld with the following systems

[Done] NPC Reputation system

[Done] Socketed system

[Done] Revamped Core AI

[] Revamped Summons system

[Done] Random Loot Generator

[] Pre-Built Player Housing

[] Vuldricks Vampire System

[Done] Player Consequence & Action/ Bounty Hunter System

[] Player Banditry System (Become a bandit!)

[Done] Portal or teleport waypoint system (similar to diablo waypoint style)

[Done] In-Game Guilds and Factions

Here are a few things that are already currently in game! There is going to be loads of custom content assets for the game, each imperative to the world as i develop it

New Cannons specific to medieval European warfare

New creatures such as automated "steam powered" automobiles

Posters by Fable

Steam Trains

Content inspired by the Baroque architecture style of Europe (this being the lamps, and the garden itself, the structural buildings are by Zwerkules)

Authentic Printing Presses

Theres so much more to come and will be sharing so keep an eye out when it does!
Post edited by Wall3t on

Comments

• Wall3tWall3t Member Posts: 90
    edited October 2018
    I got around to a large update on the server today, and now completed a big chunk of stuff even including a surprise update.

Remember if you want to see all my updates and content and don't want to wait for updates, just go to my webpage here: midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/

First off i had abit of change of plans for the overall idea of the world itself, and worked on development of a new group: The Motanni. This group will be the druids and an indigenous group of people that are known to exist as travelers of the woods. These people are spiritually connected to the land, much like feys and elves and are keenly aware of what occurs around them in nature.

The village of Dahoga will be the main village containing several important npc's, homes for players, and a means to join them.

I am also currently working on additional class system for the game!

These are currently working quite well and are even catered from its d20 modern origins to work with the vanilla classes. By far my favourite class is the Gunslinger with his ability to wield double pistols. The challenge here was figuring out how to still wield all the bioware content and still maintain the d20 animations that were crucial to the gunslinger and classes.

Each class is designed as a rp element but also cater towards allowing player's to interact within the gameworld in different ways. A philosopher for example is a well literate individual who can produce scrolls than say a wizard or sorcerer can and so on. Some of these classes are more "down to earth" in that they don't have many fantastical abilities but do make up for this in other ways. (more on that to come later!)

Lastly for today i will present something that I've already shared on here but just in case no one has seen it before...

Telegrams play an important role in Midland society. These will also be used by players to communicate with each other, but i havent quiet decided in what ways these will reflect around them.

and Trains!
    What steampunk world would there be without trains? boring, thats what! This one is based on early inventions of the mid 18th century earth counterparts, the monorail on the other hand... I purely made that one up but it looks great! :)

Progress is coming along very well, and quickly! I'd expect to finish sometime either this year or following the new year shortly there after.

For now enjoy the new content update and expect to hear back from me soon!
    edited December 2018
    I have to say the Terria Tileset translates quite well for western themed projects. This is an early w.i.p of a future expansion, but I was so satisfied with the results, i just had to share it.

just remember if you want to know more about the project or don’t want to wait on project updates just go to my website: midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/

The mesas turned out really well and i still have alot more to go in touching it up, like id like to recede the fog back abit, add more flora and some cacti to finish off the aesthetics. If anyone is ever on the fence with this tileset perhaps this can persuade or change anyone’s mind.

edited December 2018
    Hey everyone just wanted to post for some new content update today!

remember if you want to see any updates and dont want to wait just go to my website here:
    midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/

The release of the Kings Road which spans the northern to eastern areas of Meles, is now open to the public! This region is the largest populated region in Meles showcasing Midlands finest example of an industrious society, including the Iron Horse Services, which will take players across the Kings Road.

This speedy means of transportation is sponsored in part by the Merchants Alliance Guild, who fund the latest technology straight from the Western Empire. Player’s will be able to use the shuttles as they purchase a ticket and sit comfortably as they rumble and shake across the highway to their destination.

All buses have a stop and a shuttle-stop guide where you can purchase tickets from. These individuals will also help you in case you miss your bus!!

When inside enjoy the coaches rumbles and listening to the coach driver of your stop

Also… you ever wonder why in some rpgs there were no baths or reasons to “stay clean”? no? me neither! but now we can.

Meles is a region presented with the idea of cleanliness and relaxation. Local bath houses are constructed to cater to the local people with bathmaids who, for a fee, will cleanse your body and clothes. They can be found in any area where a major road is constructed such as the Imperial road or the Kings Road. Simply look for the bath houses design with high fences.

Just remember even bathmaids need sleep so they will only be there to assist you during daylight hours.

anyways, thats it for the day, expect to see more update from me again!
    A new addition to the background noise family: Cicadas! Those loud annoying lil buggers can now fill your ears with their ever so familiar singing as you walk around the crisp warm Westral Land's with an extra large bug swatter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clTVdi9PeDw
    edited February 2019

awooooga! Beep! Beep! This is just a small update ive got for today, but i will be posting more as the development progresses on my website.

These will be a part of a set of three mounted (mountable?) cars available in the game on launch. Currently they are untextured, and need some touch ups (the dark smaller car has a seemingly high poly count)

The inspiration came to me when i watched someone play Epic Car Factory (this thing right here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/656510/Epic_Car_Factory/) and liked the idea if players could actually build their own cars

Eventually what I'd like to do is make that a possibility, but for now these will remain in development as i test them and maybe even post a video of it :)

Post edited by Wall3t on
  • ricoyungricoyung Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2019
    While I normally avoid RP worlds and usually play action worlds, I do like "some" RP mixed in like in the Fallout universe for instance. And your world IMO reminds me of that in many ways (from what I can see)
    I would definitely check this mod out once it's up...Looks really cool! ;)
    edited February 2019
    Hey im glad its really starting to catch on! I'm usually just here to post a few updates here and there but one of the things i will tell you is that gameworlds like Fallout do inspire me because if theres one thing they get right in my opinion is the immersion with the npc's.

Aalthough their A.I had much to be desired, it still feels better than any rpg games of the time. And like theres mine will give players consequences to what you say to them.

Also Utilizing your skill stats to procure new dialogue or different outcomes is a sort of a classic D&D standard that really couldnt be realized until now.

Theres also going to be the full d20 list of skillsets which were subsequently (i think not sure on this) removed or were scrapped or just wasnt implemented before bioware released NWN1
    edited February 2019
    With that said however Ill just continue on with some updates ive done for the week!

Content Update 2

I had a system crash a few days ago (blue screen of death! :( ) and the custom content i had created ceased to work properly, so most of the cars i have made were scrapped and remodeled by hand. What it did though was allow me time to fabricate new content instead!

The A.A.W or Armored Assault Wagon is a newly developed Imperial Motorwagon created for the intent purpose of upholding sieges. These monstrous behemoths are dangerous, despite their lumbering speeds. They are produced en masse in large industries across the Rösgardian Empire.

vzn0e4mo6l3l.jpg

For any tank or armchair military enthusiasts like myself, you will defiantly recognize this Tank!
    2fkrolxkov5z.jpg

for any future updates always be sure to check out my website below for more information about the new classes, skillsets, feats, and any progress i have made

http://midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/
  • DrakonDrakon Member Posts: 47
    edited February 2019
    The screenshots and captions depict a very richly fleshed out world. And unique! I like how there are both elements of mundane 19th century realism (telegrams, maids and "maids", billboards on the walls) and fantastical elements like magical contraptions and intricate vehicles. Great work so far.
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! Although general progress is abit slow, I like it this way so i can really mold the world into something that I know will work. I enjoy a sense of realism but also keeping it to a degree of fantasy (not everything has to make sense, but it should still feel like it should fit)

Like i want player's to be able to craft Car's and drive them, but not make it overall complicated just simple. Maybe asking the question how did the people of this universe create cars might be too much, which i abdicate towards our own history evolution of automobiles.

In the not so distant future here ill be posting more about the stories of the worlds past, which reminds me...

The Quill is mightier than the Sword Update Edition

I want to start focusing on the more roleplaying aspects of the game. Personally i feel the biggest thing any world should have is lore and how the player interacts with lore in general. This can go in any direction, but what i want to focus on is engagement or physical lore that is tangible or real in some aspects. When players begin their journey of discovering the history of the world, they will undoubtedly come across many books!

Books are a rather small but necessary tool of my world building structure. Each capable of telling the world history, but also to elude to its danger's.

ehdqu3xazuqe.jpg

Everyone can choose to learn of dangers around them from hostile creatures and how to best handle them, to natural or artificial sites

How players choose to perceive is dangerous, or is helpful, is also entirely up to them. Meles is considered as a wild frontier country, and with this comes any opportunities for open expansion for lore!

In total there are 35 books as of this writing and more are being written by yours truly!

8jc0gssiz4yf.jpg
    Post edited by Wall3t on
    edited March 2019
    Content Update 4 - FINAL

After a long time, or nearly 4 weeks and some change, ive gone through several changes and failed models to conclude the final list below.

These are the final results, for the time being, as those prior to these models came with all sorts of performance issues. Ive learned alot from model making and I'm happy with the way these turned out.

In the future there can be more Car content updates, but for now these will be just for on-launch day of the server.

Vehicles will be based on a skillset system, your drive skill. The higher it is the more likely you are to maneuver and not crash the vehicle or cause breakdowns.

Eventually i'd like to see if i can create a chassis model for car production, or a repair system but other than that Fuel and inner component systems will be non-existent for simplicity.

From Left: Taxi, Truck, car, Tank

ybozclcsn9q7.jpg

Each car I refer to as a Unit, much like a Real-Time Strategy game these "units" come with their own uses that players can utilize to their own needs. Each automobile does not require any fuel, but does utilize your skillset.

They are based on the d20 modern driving system. This means each unit can operate via a player, and can have a passenger capacity related to that unit type (EX: Cars can carry a driver, and 2 passengers, Trucks a driver and 6 passengers) which requires the player tool wand, to operate.

aiw502fe1j6e.jpg

Players who operate a vehicle will receive a manual. The manual is important as it tells the vehicle where to go, and what to do. I find this an interesting and fun idea, as it leaves the player to freely engage in role play while not having to handle the vehicle manually.

b4agg8jhr9wa.jpg

Vehicle operations are based on a set of your skills and how hard it is to operate them. Some vehicles, like tanks, or trucks, are difficult to use but are exceptionally strong while cars are easy to wreck but are faster to drive.

fqri2snb7s4c.jpg

Taxis will, hopefully if it works out, will be used for easy transportation around the big city-scape just call out to one and they will operate to your needs.

tdww9hnba2yk.jpg

anyways thats it for updates, if you want to know more about the server or anything that goes on regarding updates, have a look here at my website: http://midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/
    Post edited by Wall3t on
  • TaliesonTalieson Member Posts: 3
    The amount of work you've put in is frankly amazing! Is the server live at the moment, or is there a time frame on when it will be?
    edited March 2019
    Its already up and running as i type. Its been running for... about a year now? but its in a closed Beta (ie: just friends who come on and help test run for me).

A good thing to take note of though: I still don' consider it public release worthy. I'm a firm believer in finished products, that is a complete storyline, quests, and immersion with npc's which i consider to be the meat n cheese of this server. This server is going to be big! and year's of being a player has taught me is that big servers need ways to engage player's which is where they fail, you get dropped in a world and... what do ya do? grind all day? thats boring, i like substance and lore which is what these posts are about.

Good example: We have it to where when you walk along lonley roads youre likely to run into random mini events like bandits stealing your gold, or perhaps a lost farmer whos cart got a bad wheel and now youre presented with moral choices with these events: do you be the good guy and help out, or be the bad guy and steal his gold? or go the middle route and leave him alone.

I digress though i'm still really excited to bring this to the community. I feel its a long time coming that we'd get a proper steampunk server and my chance to show what I can do.
    Post edited by Wall3t on
  • TaliesonTalieson Member Posts: 3
    Well I'm excited to play. If you need more people to help out I'd be glad to!
    edited March 2019
    Well... while i'm not a big fan of early access I do have a specific setup for anyone who does want to join in on all the testing we do but thats about all you're going to get. A beta server means that were still testing and in-developement, and that means a list of requirements for those who want to join. This isn't going to be a walk in the park, but if youre still up for it I'll leave my requirements down below
    =====================================================================
    If youre looking to gain early entry of the server, and want to beta test there are a few things you need to do:

First off in order to gain access you'll need to have a steam account in order to access the haks required to play. This was done intentionally to limit the number of players who can gain access as I'm not really a big fan of early access. Since it has gained attention, it will remain on steam until we go live.

MUST be 18+ to enter

Sign up to the beta simply requires you to create an account here on my website: http://midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/ You can then gain access to the super ultra top secret illusionary new category for beta players located here once you have made a membership: http://midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/f3-beta-player-tools.

All members must abide by the beta rules and adhere to them. As the server continues to grow so too will the possibility that bugs and issues may arise, some are expected and already noted and will be noted on an all-to-read post. Possible wipe of characters on your account may occur in the event that any class related changes occur, so keep this in mind.

Although my server is not like most early access games with some financial benefits shall we say, we do offer Beta players access to increased xp and gold bonuses, access to regions not for players, there name written on launch day just as a thank-you, and Access to the beta tool-bar

Other than those requirements, the rest of the world is at your finger tips to explore. Beta players will gain access to every location, whether if its finished or not. DM interaction will remain low as this is not meant to keep player interest as it is to do work to help me, which requires quotas that beta players must meet or else they will be disqualified for the beta.

These rules are meant to deter would-be trolls looking for an easy way into the server. While normally Im open to the idea of just letting anyone in, i still don't consider it as public worth ready so therefore I will place limitations including a limited player space online.
  • DrakonDrakon Member Posts: 47
    Wall3t wrote: »
    This server is going to be big! and year's of being a player has taught me is that big servers need ways to engage player's which is where they fail, you get dropped in a world and... what do ya do? grind all day? thats boring, i like substance and lore which is what these posts are about.

Good example: We have it to where when you walk along lonley roads youre likely to run into random mini events like bandits stealing your gold, or perhaps a lost farmer whos cart got a bad wheel and now youre presented with moral choices with these events: do you be the good guy and help out, or be the bad guy and steal his gold? or go the middle route and leave him alone.

This is vital in the beginning when there aren't many (or any) online players. The content needs be interesting from a single-player campaign perspective. Players need to be willing to stay logged in doing stuff before you can hit the critical mass of concurrent players required for multiplayer to be fun as well.

So many PvP, Action, and overly multiplayer-RP dependent worlds abruptly die due to not being interesting when player counts are low.

Looking forward to trying the beta! Thanks for opening it up.
    edited March 2019
    I'm glad you share the same enthusiasm as I do about server worlds. In my past experience with working online is a.) all players are unpredictable but in a good way. You can't design your server around just one idea and expect it to thrive. Adapting to play styles is key here. B.) there's nothing wrong with being late to the online party so to speak. I find a rushed server has little interest to me as a player. Take your time and design something that works. I've played on servers that had a good DM structure but a bad overall world design. In the end we players abandoned the server because when there's no DM event... there wasn't anything else to do!

All this will culminate into my next update which is going to cover my biggest project: single player driven quest lines. Something I'm excited to share with everyone

Also regarding the online beta there's been a push back as I discovered an issue in one of the classes but it shouldn't take me long to sort it out and get the Hak's back up for everyone.

For now my beta will be limited in space and I feel should no way reflect my end goal once it goes live. I'm pretty confidant that there's enough to do right now to keep a player interested but it needs a lot more polishing until I'm happy with it.
    Post edited by Wall3t on
    edited March 2019
    *the sound of telegrams fly off amidst the taps and beeps* This just in *stop* Update for the Beta server is now up *stop* see link for more info *stop*

midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/t8-beta-sign-up
    edited May 2019
    Salutations!

I've been hard at work on numerous projects and the quest-based timeline projects I have setup for the server,I felt it was time that I'd share abit of what I have been up to lately!

Just remember if you want to see any updates ahead of time, before I post them here, you are welcome to come check out my website http://midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/

This has *everything* you want to know about the server from history, to story, to the races and people, and maps of the entire continent the world will take place in.

Today I'll be talking about Game Mechanics and one content update that I did a few weeks back.

So let's talk about game mechanics. This going to be a relatively short update, but one that is essential to know before jumping into the game and getting started.

Every player will be issued a Player Tool Wand, much like how the Player Tools work in the 1.69 release except these will activate the player PC Menu.

All Players will receive the wand as a feat.
    1ke4b3ui6tb5.jpg

For anyone unfamiliar with a player wand listen up, these will replace all craft skills and player appearances. You can access the wand via your radial menu at any time.
    x7ajmyokne5d.jpg

Although in this early Beta build it states the Wand is a Rest Menu The PC Menu is not designed as a Rest menu. You can choose to rest for the benefit of resting but it is far easier to simply press "r" or whatever it is binded to.

The reason for this choice is due to the d20 Vehicle, jumping, and emote systems put in place (more on those later)
    me6rlpq9bxtt.jpg

The purpose is to create a better interface for the game, as some regions will either require you to use some sort of long distance activating use your mouse, via the Player Tool Wand (hence its name, think of it as a Omni-Tool. Everything you can do will come through this Wand.)

and on to the content update: Ironclads!

The story behind Ironclads:
    These Iron Behemoths have been in use well over the past century in Midland, but none are as extraordinarily than the Ironclad design. Only a few are produced outside of the Rosgardian Empire, and are rarely seen along the Eastern Sea of Midland. Along the Northern Sea however, these metal ships are the pride and glory of the Rosgarde Empire and are used extensively in naval battles.

hojxaouo31wc.jpg

ixl29ijdxh1k.jpg

edited June 2019
    Okay im going to be posting alot of content today. This is mostly to keep everyone up to speed on what Ive been doing with the project for the last three-four months.

Remember, if you ever want to see the latest current on-going's, updates, announcements, history, lore, in-game screen-shots for the project and see what else i need to do to finish this server to go live visit my website: http://midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/t1-server-blog#78

April 16th Project

This project is considered Completed!

I worked on developing a more suitable high-end steampunk city, inspired by the victorian era. The city-set is designed from the d20 modern city set which i have thanks to their hard work and some of Zwerkules Medieval city-set and some of my own work.

The biggest inspiration is Studio Ghiblis interpretation of Howl's Moving Castle. I enjoyed their take on a modern 20th century universe with a folktale mythos and magic. A nice Steampunk/clockwork universe that greatly inspired me to design a city of my own like Kingsbury from the film.

xozzmviql8d7.jpg

There's alot of work ahead on this since this modern city tileset uses... alot of modern assets (air conditioners, neon lights, etc) I'm looking to take the tileset and work it backwards so it fits better with a theme. Hopefully if it all works out, i'll have something substantial to show next time.

Content Update 1

I got around to retexturing alot of the city-scape, and did alot of work on adding new buildings to the mix.
    Eventually I'd like to replace nearly 90% of the build, but we will see!

jqtn5eyxswnx.jpg
    vdu6ljqnhzz9.jpg

Ive also added one Victorian building for the time being, i may change the textures involved to better fit the environment, but there will be more to come.

45paow15odrd.jpg

Got around to adding new types of homesteads, one with a mansford style roofing. The far right will have a whole new set that will replace the tallest buildings.

7o7hpgrq45wa.jpg

Close-up of the Neo-Imperial design

483jb91vg6t5.jpg

Content Update 2

Street cars are in! These are moveable objects, and was unable to procure a decent Creature Model that worked best for me.

Anyways! I got enough of the content up and going that I've decided to begin work on the city. The city will be the Capital of Rossgarde, and the center-piece for the steampunk aspect of this universe. This will likely end up as a late-game area, but that can always change if need be.

wxcn33hvmza3.jpg
    1dabq0p1kmhg.jpg
    iabyln1oh299.jpg

Content Update 3

I believe this to be the final version of the city. I've added a couple of Zwerkules Medieval Buildings in for a European Flavor. If anything else comes up I will be posting it here.

fflfoanhflsh.jpg

The Main Streetways of the city are filled with the automobiles of the everyman. Everything from personal street cars to Commercial Wagons and Buses make their way across the busy city.

vlbpb0jeoq27.jpg

Some finalization and touchups. Ive been adding and playing around with the actual city-scape and added some Buntings around the city square.
    z8p4ennwt1c4.jpg

addition of uphill objects for streets.
    81767vgxb8vn.jpg

And some Street Bar,Tavern, Shops with glass mosaics

nnyfxhdi6ga3.jpg

=================================================

May 21 Project

This project is considered Completed!

Okay so some changes are coming in. I've decided that most of the work i've done from the begining although very good, still lacked something that I liked so i decided to change them up abit.

The trains will receive some newer wagons, 2 new ones in fact. Something that feels more appropriate to the world than what I had before.

Based on early carriage train designs these will be a sort of "backwards" version that won't look as modern or victorian than what I had before.

6xelcpeog2v2.jpg

w924gf87asl6.jpg

A reason for why I'm doing it is I want to keep it as close to my image of Steampunk as possible. Meles is represented as a society that still appears more Renaissance in Earth Culture than it would be victorian or any other kind of steampunk universe. something close to a Clockwork steampunk and will heavily reflect this as i move forward.

The next upgrades one will be one of the train's, and a couple new additions like a charcoal wagon, and a water tower (something that I had planned on wanting to add, just never got around to it)

I'd say after this I should be done with custom content and re-focus on the storyline and questlines. I sort of drited away from it, having some fun exploring new avenues for NeverWinter and now that I have done so will be finishing off the rest of the world.

=================================================

June 15 Project

Content Update 1

Okay this will just be a simple verbal update. When something substantial comes along you know ill be sharing it!

I've been at work on the banditary system, it is going very well. When this system goes up it will be an alternative for bards, rogues, rangers, & druids to join. For the moment I am working to add additional A.I behavior for npc's so they react accordingly to situations the Player will do.

The following behaviors will be in play once finished:

Snooping triggers - guards will be more alert to players when they enter places they are not suppose to be.

NPC Alarms - NPC's will be more aware when players engage in criminal based activities (IE: opening guarded chests, doors, windows) and call out the guards.

Jail Time - It is exactly what it sounds like. If players get caught and are sentenced, they are put in jail to do their time. Jail time will result in loss of experience, much like if you died and respawned. depending on the situation, loss of items (and recovery) can occur. Jail breaks will also be a part of system.

Bounty Marks - This system may not go into play only due to how Neverwinters A.I system works it may become obtrusive to Players who choose to be vile, evil or murderous intentionally. If players get caught doing any sort of uncivil deed will receive a irremovable bounty slip.

These slips are marked to signal Town Guards to harass these players. If players exceed a set of marked slips they are either flagged as "shoot on sight", or arrest on sight". Players with only a few slips will have options to persuade, bluff, or bribe there way out of a situation.

Mercenary NPCs- This is a w.i.p and may not come into play, but would very much would like for it to! The idea here is when a Player chooses to act vile, evil or murderous you risk getting a bounty placed on your character. NPC mercenaries are those who hunt players down for the retrieval of your bounty.

New Optional Dialogues - Im entirely unsure the scope of this since this can go all sorts of directions, but the idea is mostly targeted for those who join Rogue/Assassin Class Guilds. You'll have the option of becoming an Outlaw, hold up commoners, rob stores, and commit heists toward other npcs

And thats it!
    edited June 2019
    I do apologize for the sudden huge amount of content i uploaded, it's alot to take in and read for some people.

The basic highlights of this is going to be mostly covering content I find very exciting for the future of the server, and for the community.

A new City Tileset,

New (better) Train sets

and the Outlaw/Become a Bandit System

Something to keep in mind I am currently in a Beta testing stage for the server, if you're ever intrested in wanting to participate feel free to check the link below to find out how you can help push the server to go live.

http://midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/t8-beta-sign-up
    Post edited by Wall3t on
    edited November 2020
    Here is a discord channel since someone asked me for one. https://discord.gg/hcyrQ8DefX
    Post edited by Wall3t on
    Ambient City Noises from the Age of Steam as the citizens of this city go about their lives either playing or chatting about local affairs. The Horse Clopping is a custom sound ambient, as is the car sounds which came from a mashup of 1920-30's New York and London Traffic sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wBCkCjw_RU