Skip to content

Underdark problem: Matronly problems (possible spoiler)

OK, so I'm in the Drow city, and ready to betray both Phaere and the Matron. I have placed both Phaere's eggs and Solnufein's in the appropriate spots, and grabbed the real eggs for myself. I tell Phaere in the female fighter's building, and we head off to the temple via cut scene. When we get there, Phaere is present, but the matron never shows up; nothing happens.

If I then leave the building and walk back into the Temple, suddenly the Matron is there, but now Phaere doesn't show up. The Matron appears to begin the ritual, but the doors to the summoning area stay closed and once again, nothing happens.

I don't have any old saves to reload; I foolishly enough deleted them. Anyone have any ideas?
How do I use the CLUAA console? Maybe I can spawn the Matron to resolve the problem? I seriously do NOT want to
have to go through Brynnlaw/Spellhold/Sahuagin/Underdark all over again. (The only prior save I have is just before heading off to Brynnlaw).

Comments

• FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    edited October 2018
    Well, the question has become moot. I simply killed the Matron Mother, thus removing the barrier, and fought my way out of the city. Problem solved.

Once you have the real eggs, the velvet gloves can come off. With a potent enough party, you can fight your way to the Underdark. I think I pretty much killed everything in the city on the way.