Skip to content

Bad Start to The Longest Day Ever!!!

Finally fell asleep last night after taking my meds at about 2 AM. Just got woken up at 2 minutes to 7 (6:58 AM) by my wife complaining she was late and getting ready in a mad dash to make it to work on time (because instead of getting ready when she woke up at 6 she messed around on Facebook instead).

Here I was hoping to sleep as much of the day away as possible so there would be fewer hours to wait for BG when I woke up. Now I'm sitting here feeling like Vader/Ani at the end of Star Wars Episode 3...NoooOooOooOoooo!!!!

Comments

• leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    I have the opposite situation... 11.15pm... gotta stay up.... caffeine caffeine don't sleep don't sleep caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine zzzzzzzzzzz....

aahh! caffeine caffeine caffeine...
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    lol @ leyshjonoe That might work, but then as soon as the game is unlocked you'll be so tired you'll pass out before you even finish rolling your character. :/
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    I also got up very early today and it is getting really really slow, so I decided to reorganize furnishings in my bedroom.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Mathuzzz said:

I also got up very early today and it is getting really really slow, so I decided to reorganize furnishings in my bedroom.

I was thinking the same thing!

This is the beginning of a new era indeed :P

• BamBam Member Posts: 38
    I haven't slept yet. Let's see, it's five AM now. And the game is released at noon my time. Seven hours. If I sleep right now, for eight hours, I will only miss the first hour of the release, probably dodging the server crash that will inevitably arise. Sounds like a plan.

Good night folks.
  • ChlorsstChlorsst Member Posts: 6
    I've watched walking dead all night long, i'm almost like them now but i'll stay awake until tonight.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I'll only be able to play it tonight...
  • KatukovKatukov Member Posts: 2
    I waited so long for this game, a couple of hours more doesn't matter, love to start it again!!
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    I've just been informed by Trent that the release has been delayed by 24 hours, feel free to sleep.

That's it... sleep.

Mowhahaha
  • BamBam Member Posts: 38
    Have you ever heard of "Don't Shoot the Messenger."? Neither have I.

On a serious note, I hope that was just a cruel cruel joke.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Aaaaand my wife just doesn't understand what the fuss is all about :P
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    edited November 2012
    You can read some creepypasta to stay up. =)
  • ParaneParane Member Posts: 14
    I had an idea to buy the game, then I saw the poor screenshots and changed my mind. But then I remembered how much I loved BG2 so I managed to convince myself that I needed the game. So I've preordered it and it's currently downloading!
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    Bam said:

Have you ever heard of "Don't Shoot the Messenger."? Neither have I.

On a serious note, I hope that was just a cruel cruel joke.

Cruel? Perhaps.

Joke? Perhaps not.

But yes, it was.
    Guys do you know when the game will be available? And in what time zone? I'm french and for me 18h it's in a couple of minutes.
  • MaconaMacona Member Posts: 70
    Chlorsst said:

Guys do you know when the game will be available? And in what time zone? I'm french and for me 18h it's in a couple of minutes.

21:00 for you

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Chlorsst : for us Central Europeans, it's gonna be 9 PM, or 21:00 :)
    thx
  • cojumkrcojumkr Member Posts: 8
    Korea.... Nov 29. Am 5:00...
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    a really bad start so far... apparently, my GPU decided today would be a good day to die. trying my best to breath a new life into it, but for fucks sake, today? couldn't the little bugger do that at *literally any other goddamn day of the year*?

a really bad start so far... apparently, my GPU decided today would be a good day to die. trying my best to breath a new life into it, but for fucks sake, today? couldn't the little bugger do that at *literally any other goddamn day of the year*?

Ouch....man, I feel for ya brother. Do you maybe have a older PC around you could run BG:EE on? As we're all sure you shouldn't need a "top-o-the-line" GPU to run it. Maybe even on-board graphics could handle it. At least to get you gaming while you *possibly* have to wait for a new GPU. I hope all goes well and you get to play today my friend.

RavenX said:

Ouch....man, I feel for ya brother. Do you maybe have a older PC around you could run BG:EE on? As we're all sure you shouldn't need a "top-o-the-line" GPU to run it. Maybe even on-board graphics could handle it. At least to get you gaming while you *possibly* have to wait for a new GPU. I hope all goes well and you get to play today my friend.

luckily, I have a nicely aged laptop, but it would be best to breath life into my current GPU... it works somewhat, but the dearest display driver crashes on a few things, like video playback, and I'm not sure it won't crash on BGEE... biggest problem is, it doesn't look like a software issue, considering it does this little thing in both of my installed OSs.

I am not amused.
    You in FL by any chance? I've got an old GeForce 7000*something* laying around. Drive over and I'll give it to you cheap. I was going to give it to a friend of mine to build him something that could play some kind of games for him but he's turned into a serious douchebag lately so screw him, he can fend for himself. You want it, let me know.
  • DoomBlackDragonDoomBlackDragon Member Posts: 4
    it gets worse as the game is not launching on time. *sigh.* oh well.
    RavenX said:

You in FL by any chance? I've got an old GeForce 7000*something* laying around. Drive over and I'll give it to you cheap. I was going to give it to a friend of mine to build him something that could play some kind of games for him but he's turned into a serious douchebag lately so screw him, he can fend for himself. You want it, let me know.

thank you for the extremely kind offer! :)
    sadly, I happen to live on the other end of the globe, in Central Europe. :C

I'll try and wiggle something together, hopefully.
    I'm in...

thank you for the extremely kind offer! :)
    sadly, I happen to live on the other end of the globe, in Central Europe. :C

I'll try and wiggle something together, hopefully.

NP at all. Always glad to offer a hand to a fellow BG fan in need. especially with the incredibly bad luck you've had. Hope all goes well and you at least get BG:EE up and running while getting your GPU to work/replaced.