Skip to content

(ITem revision) How would you buff blackrazor to be on par with ToB weapons

in item revision? You sacrifice a huge reward for a bad sword currently. What are your suggestions on buffs that could be applied on blackrazor to make it worth it?

Comments

• QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited October 2018
    In the past, I made Blackrazor do something like (changed from vanilla, if I don't mention it, I didn't change it):

+3->+4 enchantment, +THAC0, and +damage
    15%->25% chance to proc its thing.
    It's thing being 4->2 levels drained, and a 20->30 sec buff of +20->+10 temporary HP, regular haste->improved haste, and +3->+2 Str.

I thought it was pretty OP but appropriate for a named artifact, because once you got improved hasted by it, your attack speed and Strength went through the roof and it was healing you (on top of its inherent regen) 1-2 times per round. Within a couple rounds you would be at 25 Str for a few rounds even if combat ended.

I'm a bit of a fan of it because of its use in the novel 'White Plume Mountain' by Paul Kidd.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Nearly every guide as well as the wiki describe Blackrazor as powerful/OP so it's hard to see why a further buff would be needed, but if you wanted it to be even stronger, I agree the way to do it is to have its abilities proc more often.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    The only thing it's lacking is a +5 enchantment level and even that barely matters for 99% of the game, although when it does matter it surely sucks. I'd just make it +5 and leave everything else the same. For everything it can hit then it's on par with any other weapon in the game including the very best.