Skip to content

Fighter/Bard

Can a human fighter dual into a bard?

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    No. You can only dual into fighter, thief, mage, or cleric. No kits, and no other classes. (In the base game without mods, that is.)
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Would be great if you could as a fighter/bard would be an intriguing character to play.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You could always install the "Might and Guile" mod. It has three separate kits for multiclass fighter/bards.
  • XanatosXanatos Member Posts: 47
    Blade kit for a bard is basically a fighter/bard if you haven't taken that one for a spin.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Xanatos said:

Blade kit for a bard is basically a fighter/bard if you haven't taken that one for a ***spin***.

I see what you did there! ;)
    edited November 2018

A fighter dual-classed to bard would just be a bard with extra hit points and with weapon specialization.
    - If you are using bard song, those are not useful
    - If you are not using bard song, it's just a weaker fighter->mage

A fighter/bard isn't just a weaker fighter/mage because he can use thief HLAs which are the strongest in the game, and a fighter/bard receives benefits beyond hit points and weapon specialization (though those are very powerful) such as broader weapon/armor choices and extra APR at levels 7 and 13.

There are some similarities to a blade but it wouldn't really play the same because you wouldn't have to decide when you needed above-average melee DPS (because you'd always have it, though not quite at the level of an offensive spin). I imagine a fighter/bard would be most similar to a FMT, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yes, thief HLAs are absolutely more powerful than mage HLAs (though mage HLAs aren't bad either). And yes, I too was talking about a fighter dual-classing to bard, otherwise grandmastery wouldn't be possible.