Skip to content

A few questions about magic

Hey, I have a few questions that I'd like answers to regarding magic. (Contains slight spoilers regarding magic items)

Spell Immunity: Abjuration - Does this also protect against dispelling attacks such as Carsomyr and Elemental Princes/Devas?

Protection from magic weapons/Mantle - Does any element of an attack actually go through this? For example, if it gets attacked by Longsword +2, Varscona, would the mage still suffer the frost damage? What about vorpal attacks, such as the Silver Sword and Axe of the Unyielding? Do they get through? Can't quite remember these things, but I'd be interested to know.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Iirc, the vanilla version of spell immunity: abjuration does protect you from dispel magic and remove magic, but not from the other abjuration-school defense strippers, such as breach. I highly recommend the Spell Revisions mod (http://www.gibberlings3.net/spell_rev/) to handle this kind of oversight.

As for PFMW and the Mantle spells, the answer is no. If the weapon counts as magical (and doesn't exceed the mantle defense level) no elemental effects from it will come into play while the protection is up. I don't think vorpal will work either, but never tested this.
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    edited November 2012
    Thanks. I just loaded a game and tried with vorpal weapons. Nothing seems to go through. Does the spell revision mod give immunity to even Breach and stuff?

Because as I see it, it's a double-edged sword. If SI: A would give immunity to all abjuration spells, one could argue that it's too good.
  • IntoTheDarknessIntoTheDarkness Member Posts: 118
    edited November 2012
    sorry, wrong post.