Skip to content

What’s up with dual classing and proficiencies?

I had a fighter 3 dual class into a druid.

He had *** in scimitar.

Upon reaching level 4 as a druid, I was unable to make it **** in scimitar. I was, however, able to up my sling to **.

Am I stuck at *** in scimitar? If ***** isn’t possible, I might switch this character to a mutilclass f/d.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894

You can't reach **** until 6th level, and ***** until 9th level, period, regardless of dual-class antics.

Klorox said:

Am I stuck at *** in scimitar?

No... although that is the way the rules are supposed to work.
    Thank you for the clarification.

I’m not sure what you mean about the way rules are supposed to work. I played 2e AD&D for many years and there was proficient and specialized.

The rules BG and IWD uses are created for the video game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    in the original IWD if you were a fighter and dual classed over to another class that can only have 1 proficiency slot then you could never add a proficiency slot pass 1 in any of your weapons, so if you were a level 7 fighter with 4 proficiency slots in a weapon and dualed over to cleric and hit level 8 it would never allow you to add a 5th slot to that weapon

and even with that said, the original IWD would never allow you to have more than 4 slots in bows regardless of your fighter level ( i guess even the devs knew how OP their bows were )
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    well in the original bg2 they changed the weapon proficiency table bonuses for "balance" reasons ( lol ) so it didnt really matter if your dual classed fighters where hitting 5 proficiency points at level 8 in my opinion

what they have going on now in the EEs is fine with me, i just finished a IWD run and i was able to get my 5 proficiency points at level 12 for my wizerd and level 12 for my cleric, both which were in IWD still, so tis was all good