Skip to content

The Haze - Hardcore Permadeath RP, looking for a staff member (early development)

ValeriyaValeriya Member Posts: 55
Based on this:

https://youtu.be/iTEMfsAvqOc

The Haze is a hardcore role-playing concept of persistent world in NWN:EE in very early development. The settings is VERY low fantasy/magic, with low levels, and based on an online role-playing fantasy book I wrote called Permadeath by Or V.V. Bar (I would attach the book here free but I can't due to its size...you can check out the first few chapters on Kindle and if you're interested I can email you a free copy). The story and settings are actually inspired by a permadeath NWN PW that existed back in 2003-2005 called HAZE. The PW will unapologetically feature permadeath, however this thread is NOT a discussion about it (create a different thread if you want to discuss this feature in general).

The server will include HCR (hardcore ruleset) and CNR (craftable natural resources). Power will be available to players: for instance as representatives of main towns they may build new structures if they gathered enough resources along with staff coordination/approval.

The Haze is its own 'domain', so the settings is original. Your character’s background can be from any D&D-like universe. All I can say is that after you create your character, it will be sucked into The Haze by a strange mist/glow/shipwreck (people tend to describe different things and you will discover it in-game). It’s essentially low-magic fantasy (i.e. witnessing magic and race mixing is not common).

There is a strong survival element, not in terms of food and water (which is mostly a role-play hook), but mostly in terms of surviving creatures and opposing functions. Even just staying inside the walls of a town may not be safe and it could get under attack. PC’s that play as militia may coordinate the defenses, patrols, etc. As said, PC’s can become council members, mayors, etc. You will likely be able to also play as evil and be with the forces of darkness; as this is full PVP, the two major good and evil factions might run into each other on occasion (though this is also set out to be rare mostly due to the distance and No Man’s Land between them, see the map I attached from the book...keep in mind the map doesn't show all the places of interest).

Good quality role-play and immersive realism is really what it’s all about and player application will be required to play. Players can only play one character at a time. Non-human characters may require a special approval. Spellcasting will likely be limited either by the nature of the world or due to in-character decrees.

Important storyline events/DM sessions will be available to watch on twitch and/or youtube, so player characters major role-play moments will be documented and be featured on an edited video that depicts the storyline of the gameworld. This is an important feature that may help with server donations, showcasing the gameworld and expanding it.

I am the creative lead of this project and currently working on it alone. It will take a good deal of time until it’s fleshed out as it’s still in infrastructure stages (I didn't even create a website for the project yet). I am looking for anyone that has some technical/programming skills to help inject immersive mechanisms into the gameworld and help me set the technical infrastructure, which is currently the biggest impedance. Anyone who joins the staff will most certainly have a voice in the development/ tools that should be used, DM'ing storylines, etc.

If interested, please write me at larpushka4 (at) gmail dot com

Post edited by Valeriya on