Skip to content

Adding new mods to heavily modded game

Hi. I modded bgee and bg2ee using Big World Setup and installed EET, Shadows over Soubar, aTweaks, Tweaks Anthology, Rogue Rebalancing, to name a few, and a host of other mods. Gotten to chapter 8 in SoD now and i've found that i want to add a few more mods. I didn't bother reading up on modmerging, install order and such because BWS did all that for me automatically. So i lack knowledge on modding this game specifically and i'm also not great at it with any game generally, unless i have some tool like BWS to make things easier. I'm not sure if installing more mods now will mess with my game.

The mods i want to install are:

- BGII:EE - Unofficial Item Pack
- BGEE Leveled Spawns
- Something that makes Free Action not prevent haste. (not sure what mod to use there)
- And some mod that makes wizard HLAs available for Fighter/Mage/Thief and Fighter/Mage/Cleric

(about the last two i wouldn't mind some recommendations on what mods to use)

Will it be difficult to get these mods, or my game to work if i install them now? Can i install them manually, or do i need to use BWS to mod the game all over again? One potential conflict i see is that i used mods that added new items to shops and BGII:EE Unofficial Item Pack does that as well, so i wonder if installing it now will mess with Ribald Barterman's inventory.

If someone has an easy way to install the mods without any problems, i would appreciate someone telling me how. I guess i'd like to hear about the hard way too if there's no easy option, or pointing me in the direction on some modding guides relevant to my problem.

Since i'm writing this post i'm throwing in three questions about other mods too.

- IWD-in-EET, is that mod up and running? I saw no option to install it in BWS, but i'd love to add that to my game as well.

- IWDification only seems to add some of the priest spells from IWD. Is there a way to get access to all of them?

- I'd like to be clear on something; can you visit all the areas and do all the quests i've missed in BGEE after one makes the transition from BGEE to BG2EE, and if so, is there a good place to store all your gear to pick up later so i don't lose them when i start on BG2? I would also like to know because i want to do all the quests i didn't do in BGEE before i started SoD, but with the BGEE Leveled Spawns mod to make them harder and more interesting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments