Skip to content

Druid Grove: Can I do it without a Druid?

I'm currently doing my New Party Challenge (see board for details, I'm not going to bore with the long verison) and I got to the Druid Grove with a full party of
1. My Dwarven Barbarian/Mage
2. Auren
3. Anomen
4. Nalia
5. Mazzy
6. Cernd

Well Cernd got chunked so now I don't have a Druid. I can go and temporariy recruit Jaheria but I don't really want to have to waste my time if I can resolve this without challenging the Druid Grove.

P.S. I know I can poison the grove, but I don't want to go for the evil way out of this.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You can't challenge Faldron without a Druid. So you can get to that point without a druid, but you can't resolve the quest without one.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @ThacoBell
    Can I just kill her?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

@ThacoBell
    Can I just kill her?

I don't know. Her dialogue implies that with the protection of the grove, only a sanctioned challenge from another druid can harm her. I've never tried just force attacking her.
    edited November 2018
    @ThacoBell
    Thanks for yoru help, I'll probably recruit Jaheria but not before finding out what happens if I kill Faldorn outright.

I hate that self-righteous evil witch.

And I know Faldorn's canon alignment is "True Neutral" but that's because of the limitations of BG alignments. I don't think anyone would disagree with me that the behavior displayed by the Shadow Druids is anything but Neutral Evil.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,992
    you cannot just straight up kill her, she has the good ol' plot armor haning on her and only a druid can kill her, any class/team combo can go to the druid grove and finish it, but if you don't have any druids in your team, then you can ask cernd to do it for you.....

but since he is chunked, you will have to use jaheira now to complete it, if she dies, then you will never be able to complete it since you are not a druid
    @sarevok57
    Thanks, already fixed the problem.

Shame you can't just kill her, but rules are rules.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957

@sarevok57

Not really in character, but if you're playing multi-player, couldn't you just whip up another PC as a Druid (or F/D), to do it?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,992

@sarevok57

Not really in character, but if you're playing multi-player, couldn't you just whip up another PC as a Druid (or F/D), to do it?
    you could if ya really really wanted to :)
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957

@ThacoBell
    Thanks for yoru help, I'll probably recruit Jaheria but not before finding out what happens if I kill Faldorn outright.

I hate that self-righteous evil witch.

And I know Faldorn's canon alignment is "True Neutral" but that's because of the limitations of BG alignments. I don't think anyone would disagree with me that the behavior displayed by the Shadow Druids is anything but Neutral Evil.

I, too, hate Faldorn and go out of my way to make sure she dies brutally. I cheer to myself every time she panics and runs, I stop attacking to savor it if it happens.
    @Quickblade
    I know.

I found it a shame I couldn't have Jaheria fight her with armor and equipment on, but I got sastifaction out of Black Bear Jaheria ripping Faldorn to shreds literally.

Then I promptly dumped Jaheria because of my New Party Challenge.

Again, rules are rules.