Skip to content

Can the game be unlocked BEFORE 1 PM MST please ?

Somebody has to post this question directly ;-)

Remember that in the time zone where the most people are going to play it, it will be 9 PM (21:00) when they'll be able to play it.

(If the servers do not insta-death by overload).

Sorry for the troubles :)

Comments

• drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65

Somebody has to post this question directly ;-)

Remember that in the time zone where the most people are going to play it, it will be 9 PM (21:00) when they'll be able to play it.

(If the servers do not insta-death by overload).

Sorry for the troubles :)

I am rather happy its 9pm for us. I get to have a normal day.. make some nice dinner for my gf and me and then I have an excuse to drink scotch when BGEE unlocks.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Once it's out, the game will be available indefinitely. Why would they change launch time based on one evening?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Do you actually expect them to change their plans because you can't be bothered to wait a few extra hours?
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    A better question would be: "why is it released on 13:00 Edmonton time" - I'm sure there's an answer and a reason. I was hoping for a release at the opening of office hours in Edmonton, but the team won't be sitting on their asses laughing their ass of because of the trick they pulled. There's surely busy work between 9:00 and 13:00 to get the servers ready for release or they would pick an earlier release time?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I believe it was implied they'd have lunch and a small celebration as well.. but that may have been wishful thinking. It'll probably mostly be nervous excitement.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    edited November 2012
    TJ_Hooker said:

Do you actually expect them to change their plans because you can't be bothered to wait a few extra hours?

I have already plans for my evening (I'm going out to see some friends). But still, if the game was released a bit earlier, it would allow people to start their download in a more progressive way and thus preventing the server overloads.

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Think about it. They have stuff to do that can't be done, once release hits. All the last-minute checks and verifications that all is good, as well as (probably) some reports to people (Atari, WOTC and whoever else has fingers in this pie). Add a little fudge time, as nothing will go exactly as planned.

It'll get there when it gets there.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    edited November 2012
    I am assuming it will be at 1pm because they need to do final server checks, ensure everyone is on call for potential trouble, and because they may be working on other projects?

And also because...

Bacon. *nods sagely*