Skip to content

Prevent game from ending when charname dies?

WillScarlettWillScarlett Member Posts: 35
Is there a mod for this? It seems to me that as long as the rest of the party survives and can raise you, the game shouldn't end, ala IWD. I suppose with the dialogues and story line there might be issues but I thought I'd ask.

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    Not sure if there is a mod, but just FYI the logic behind this is that Bhaalspawn are not supposed to be ressurectable. Their turn to dust when slain.

Yes, there is an NPC/party member which violates this rule. But still, that was the story logic behind it.

Gameplay wise I suspect there might be dialogue issues with a dead charname.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

Is there a mod for this? It seems to me that as long as the rest of the party survives and can raise you, the game shouldn't end, ala IWD. I suppose with the dialogues and story line there might be issues but I thought I'd ask.

It's easy enough to do, it's just adding the correct flag to every area in the game--the 'Death Cam' of Tweaks Anthology does this, though it also scripts the game to end one round after the PC's death anyway.

The major technical hurdle to letting the PC be dead is cutscenes. Every cutscene has an actor running it and it's almost always the PC since you can count on him/her being alive. A dead PC would mean a lot of hanging cutscenes and forced restarts. While not game-ending, you'd also end up with a lot of broken dialogues and scripting since they also take for granted that the PC is alive.
    JuliusBorisov
  • WillScarlettWillScarlett Member Posts: 35
    Gotcha thanks for the feedback guys.
    JuliusBorisov
  • WillScarlettWillScarlett Member Posts: 35
    Ah - it looks like this mod is included in EE Tweaks - "NPC can die"