Skip to content

Improved Geometry

I do not know if this has come up yet. One thing this game really needs is better geometry. The geometry is extremely old, and has aged poorly. that doesn't make it at bad game though, its very worthwhile. (I'm not a big fan of HoTU, both setting-wise, and because of awful balance). I see so many 'remasters' which simply improve textures and lighting. The most important thing is geometry, and it's usually what gets neglected and ignored. I would really like to see at the least, character models which aren't so crude.

Comments

• KendaricKendaric Member Posts: 9
    Agreed, character and creature models definitely need an upgrade.
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    It's almost as if they've been working on upgrading them for months.
    dTd
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    From the latest streams they seem to have someone working on a completely new graphics engine. While the original engine was updated to use some of the modern hardware techniques of contemporary technology they decided that there were still problems with it. So it's possible that art assets wont be completed until they finish the pipeline when they have all of the rendering sorted out.

While they could and modders could also improve the basic geometry it's probably more limited than doing it properly. For example textures can be used to improve the apparent geometry too.
  • Sar_YehudahSar_Yehudah Member Posts: 135
    Any news on better geometry?