Skip to content

[video] Tip for people struggling with the camera/movement

I recorded a video for how I go about controlling my druid because a lot of people seem to be struggling with the controls like I was. The cliffs notes are:

-Controls settings > Chase Cam
-Zoom In
-Pressing anywhere on the left side of the screen controls the character.

This makes it play closer to a 3rd person game like Monster Hunter or Fortnite or whichever. Hopefully this helps someone. :)

For people that prefer top-down and click-to-walk I don't have any suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8szTm1kUqxw

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    edited November 2018
    What is missing is a description of how to use the stylus to invoke and control the joystick.

As far as I can see, you have to do a short, rapid swipe on the right hand side of the screen to invoke the joystick (long press is no good because it brings up a spurious radial menu). It has to be a tiny microswipe, because it changes direction and creates movement, in addition to activating the joystick. Then, while holding, do tiny microswipes to change direction. Even after practicing for a while, and slowing down movement with stealth and search, I find it very difficult, running into furniture all the time, and of course you can't see what's coming when zoomed in.

So joystick is fine for those who can get on with it, but I stand by my feature request for an option to disable the joystick, allowing both sides of the screen to be used for camera rotation.

• MikeWardDrawsMikeWardDraws Member Posts: 13
    Hi @proleric

I wonder if the joystick is functioning differently on different devices. My samsung galaxy s9 doesn't activate any of the menus while trying to use the joystick so I don't need to worry about making small movements to walk around. I can hold my thumb in one direction indefinitely and the character just moves. I don't use a stylus though. I hold my phone like it's an old nintendo controller.
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    That's almost romantic!

"I held her close like an old Nintendo controller."

:D
  • MikeWardDrawsMikeWardDraws Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2018
    Haha @voidofopinion , when you're right you're right.