Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Is there a way to permanently increase strength?

KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 743
I wanted to try something new. Below, I posted my party, but I mixed it up.

Here’s my original party, with relevant info:

Druid 3 > fighter
Cleric 7 > fighter
Half orc berserker **axe hurler**
Swashbuckler 5 > fighter
Sorcerer
Skald

Here’s my other party:

Druid 3 > fighter
Cleric 7 > fighter
Swashbuckler 5 > fighter **axe hurler**
Sorcerer
Skald
Bard

Basically, I dropped the half orc, who was the most amazing archer possible (19 STR throwing a +2 axe with ***** in axes) and substituted the swashbuckler as my axe hurler (instead of longbows, which are also amazing but you go through so much ammo it gets annoying). The swash 5 > fighter still does an amazing job with the axe, but the 18 STR is noticeably less than the 19 STR. (18 gives +2 damage while 19 gives +7 damage per hit).

The added bard is great. War chant of the Sith is just so good. Summons hardly ever die, and I don’t need to memorize healing spells.

Edit: oh yeah, so my point was, is there a way to increase strength in this game? I think it would really improve damage output.

Post edited by Klorox on

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,645
    There are a couple of items to increase strength. Most of them are random drops (all with a 33 percent chance to appear according to NI).

1. Potion of Life Transference allows you to sacrifice 1 CON for 1 STR permanently. It may be dropped by Kerish, the Frost Salamander in the frozen museum. It's a random drop.
    2. Ring of Strength: A random treasure found in a container in the Severed Hand (map AR5203).
    3. Ring of Dwarven Bone: Dropped by a Shadowed Orc Chieftain in the Severed Hand (map AR5003). It's another random drop.
    4. Girdle of Stromnos: Worn by Flozem in Lower Dorn's Deep.

KloroxStummvonBordwehrsemiticgod
  • AerichAerich Member Posts: 76
    iirc, pre-EE, there were also non-random gauntlets of ogre power that gave 18/00 Str, found in HoW. Hopefully those are still there, but I haven't made it that far to test it.

StummvonBordwehrKlorox
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 781
    Aerich said:

iirc, pre-EE, there were also non-random gauntlets of ogre power that gave 18/00 Str, found in HoW. Hopefully those are still there, but I haven't made it that far to test it.

hosttower mercenary yes

but it's rather very far

Klorox