Skip to content

Is there a way to permanently increase strength?

KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
I wanted to try something new. Below, I posted my party, but I mixed it up.

Here’s my original party, with relevant info:

Druid 3 > fighter
Cleric 7 > fighter
Half orc berserker **axe hurler**
Swashbuckler 5 > fighter
Sorcerer
Skald

Here’s my other party:

Druid 3 > fighter
Cleric 7 > fighter
Swashbuckler 5 > fighter **axe hurler**
Sorcerer
Skald
Bard

Basically, I dropped the half orc, who was the most amazing archer possible (19 STR throwing a +2 axe with ***** in axes) and substituted the swashbuckler as my axe hurler (instead of longbows, which are also amazing but you go through so much ammo it gets annoying). The swash 5 > fighter still does an amazing job with the axe, but the 18 STR is noticeably less than the 19 STR. (18 gives +2 damage while 19 gives +7 damage per hit).

The added bard is great. War chant of the Sith is just so good. Summons hardly ever die, and I don’t need to memorize healing spells.

Edit: oh yeah, so my point was, is there a way to increase strength in this game? I think it would really improve damage output.
Post edited by Klorox on

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    There are a couple of items to increase strength. Most of them are random drops (all with a 33 percent chance to appear according to NI).

1. Potion of Life Transference allows you to sacrifice 1 CON for 1 STR permanently. It may be dropped by Kerish, the Frost Salamander in the frozen museum. It's a random drop.
    2. Ring of Strength: A random treasure found in a container in the Severed Hand (map AR5203).
    3. Ring of Dwarven Bone: Dropped by a Shadowed Orc Chieftain in the Severed Hand (map AR5003). It's another random drop.
    4. Girdle of Stromnos: Worn by Flozem in Lower Dorn's Deep.
  • AerichAerich Member Posts: 159
    iirc, pre-EE, there were also non-random gauntlets of ogre power that gave 18/00 Str, found in HoW. Hopefully those are still there, but I haven't made it that far to test it.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Aerich said:

iirc, pre-EE, there were also non-random gauntlets of ogre power that gave 18/00 Str, found in HoW. Hopefully those are still there, but I haven't made it that far to test it.

hosttower mercenary yes

but it's rather very far