Skip to content

Sword Flight

TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
Is the Rogue Knight here?

Comments

• BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    He reads these forums, yes. What's up?
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    Oh, I just wanted to say that #4 was great and I do hope in the end, we do at least see the ghost of Zarala's father (from part 1 and 2.)
    He was a decent person, if I remember correctly.
  • rogueknight333rogueknight333 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks, Trixter. I am glad you are enjoying the series.
    That's why part 2 is still my favorite; the father is still alive.

I will say I altered Zarala's boots based on your description of them. The originals weren't bad, the description could just be interpreted differently.

If you send me a Zarala.bic, I can send it back with the boots.
    I thought you might be interested that since levels will increase in the next adventure, so will the magic power of her items :)
  • rogueknight333rogueknight333 Member Posts: 12
    Many people think Ch. 2 is the best, for a variety of reasons.

You are probably talking about the Swift Wind boots? Most of the equipment properties I assign will be carefully calibrated for balance reasons, though if you want to upload something for the benefit of people who do not care about that, you should be able to easily make .bic files yourself, or more simply just export the .uti item file for the item itself from the toolset.
    Well, I don't know your Zarala, so I thought you could just send me your make of her and I can send her back to you with some items :) (send over PM)
    EVEN BETTER WITH CONAN: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/gameworld/hyborian-age

If you install everything, music will be the Conan soundtrack.

You could have Conan the Barbarian with Zarala!

Very DIFFERENT experience!
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited May 2019
    Swordflight has spoiled the game for me as far as setting a high bar for quality and challenge; playing other modules from other authors (even the highly touted Aielund, Crimson Tides of Tethyr, etc) I'm repeatedly disappointed by how none of them quite hit that sweet spot of balancing polished content with a storyline that holds my interest and mechanics that actually challenge you to play like it's a DnD game rather than watered down easymode version.

Only downside of Swordflight: henchmen. The AI can be wonky/hard to control their actions. Also other than chapter 2 and parts of ch 3, you only have one companion, which takes away from the sense of playing a classic DnD campaign with a party of 4-6. Combined with the less than stellar AI/control, there are times when it feels like I'm playing the game solo, not a feature of NWN I enjoy.

Working my way through ch. 4, very much looking forward to ch 5 someday.
    Post edited by ithildurnew on