Skip to content

Which mod it is?

From TvTropes:

In the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion for the original game, the resolution of the Werewolf Island subquest is rather tragic. There is one particular character — the friendliest one in the village and pretty much the only one who doesn't hold your outsider status against you — who you can do favors for such as retrieving a cloak and delivering him/her (depending on your player character's gender) flowers. If you pick the nicer dialogue options, the journal entries reveal that you are becoming increasingly fond of him/her. If you offer to take him/her with you to the mainland to start a new life together, he/she will consider it but ultimately refuse out of fear and lingering attachment to the village. That's sad enough. After The Reveal that the villagers are all dangerous werewolves, he/she helps you to evade them and shows you an escape route. Your new friend and nascent Love Interest still refuses to leave and decides to fight the other villagers to buy time for you — and it's heavily implied he/she doesn't survive. The journal entry covering this ends with the words "...I wish..."
There is, however, a mod in the works which will allow said villager to join your party in the second game (and even become a full fledged Love Interest). So a nice Fan Retcon on what would otherwise have been quite a Downer Ending.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2018
    I can’t give the link to the Delainy discussion board right now since it’s on G3 which is RIP at the moment, but it’s no longer in production.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    k thanks
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Yeah, I remember looking forward to that mod like 12 years ago...