Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Neverwinter Nights EE Attacks of opportunity, option to making them on/off

TraumaTeamTraumaTeam Member Posts: 2
edited December 2018 in Feature Requests
I would really love to see a feature where a character can toggle on /off the making of attacks of opportunity.

As it stands a caster can be in the middle of casting a spell and will stop in order to make an attack of opportunity, even if invisible or in sanctuary which obviously causes the spell to not be completed (although not lost I think) and if invisible you now loose the invisibility.

I play exclusively on RP PW and most of them allow the old sling with no ammo work around as long as a clear note is in the character bio so other characters can be aware not to RP the sling. But some servers do not allow this and operate a strict wysiwyg which imo is lazy but whatever its their server.

Now a means to toggle making AoO on/off would be greatly appreciated by many of us who regularly have characters that for one reason or another would not, could not, don't want to make AoO which as often as not are against the archer near you and not the spell caster about to nuke you anyway... lol

Hope we can get a thing done here.

TT

Post edited by TraumaTeam on
Malcorath

Comments

• MalcorathMalcorath Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2018
    I second this proposition telling players to ignore stuff IG just to work around a game mechanic is exploitative and this would fix that!

• TraumaTeamTraumaTeam Member Posts: 2
    Malcorath said:

I second this proposition telling players to ignore stuff IG just to work around a game mechanic is exploitative and this would fix that!

Let's not get overly dramatic here using inflammatory language, it is not an "exploit" to use intelligence and common senses to correct a flaw of the original game engine and is in fact in common use on many RP PW so slandering others is hardly conductive.

We could debate the merits and flaws of various styles of server running anytime you wish, but not here as this is just a request to help with a fairly important mechanical issue that has quite significant impact on play in the RP context as well as mechanical context.

Malcorath
  • MalcorathMalcorath Member Posts: 12
    Regardless if its a nine or a six itis something we would like to be able to toggle !