Skip to content

ERROR when I try to install my NPC mod with weidu?

AnabelAnabel Member Posts: 4
(re-posting this because I think I accidentally posted this in the dutch forum somehow??? idk)

I don't know if this has been addressed before. The solution might be stupid easy and I'm just missing it.

I've just created the bare bones of an NPC mod to get a handle on it. I've been following the mod guide included in Wild Surge here: https://www.wildsurge.ca/archive

I've created the .cre file, the .tp2 file, written the script to make my NPC spawn in game, and created the joining and kick out dialogues all within the mod's directory folder. But when I rename the weidu.exe and run it, it gives me an error like this:

** ERROR ** [SETUP-modname.EXE.TP2] not found.

Ive double checked the .tp2 file to make sure there are no typos (which is unlikely to begin with since I literally just copied and pasted it from Wild Surge). I'm not sure what I'm missing? Any help would be welcome :smile:

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    It sounds like your setup executable contains a double file extension "setup-modname.exe.exe". WeiDU removes the (first) extension and uses the base filename to search for the associated .tp2 filename (in your case "setup-modname.exe.tp2"). The cause of confusion is most likely the enabled Windows Explorer option "Hide extension for known file formats".
  • AnabelAnabel Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2018
    argent77 said:

It sounds like your setup executable contains a double file extension "setup-modname.exe.exe". WeiDU removes the (first) extension and uses the base filename to search for the associated .tp2 filename (in your case "setup-modname.exe.tp2"). The cause of confusion is most likely the enabled Windows Explorer option "Hide extension for known file formats".

Yes, thank you! That seems to have gotten me somewhere. Except now its giving me the same error but instead its this:
    ** ERROR ** [SETUP-modname.TP2] not found.

I saved the .tp2 file (which is a text document) as setup-modname.tp2 and have also tried renaming just setup-modname but that doesn't seem to be working either. Am I suppose to be saving it as something other than a .txt document, since weidu doesn't seem to be reading the .txt document as the .tp2?

Edit: Nevermind, i turned off the "hide extension" option and thats allowed me to changed the full file name.