Skip to content

Help with Wyvern Crown and Override

Merry Christmas to all! I've just picked up NWN EE on my phone in the Play store sale and I'm loving a return to the game that took up so much of my late teens and early 20s. I've started to play the Wyvern Crown module but I've encountered a strange problem. I'm using a 3.5 ranger through edited 2das in the override folder, and while this works fine in HotU (I tested it through levelling at the beginning), it's not working in Wyvern Crown, and is instead defaulting to the 3.0 ranger. Does anyone know why Wyvern Crown is seemingly ignoring the override folder and what I can do about it?

Thanks

Comments

• Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    edited December 2018
    Darvon said:

Merry Christmas to all! I've just picked up NWN EE on my phone in the Play store sale and I'm loving a return to the game that took up so much of my late teens and early 20s. I've started to play the Wyvern Crown module but I've encountered a strange problem. I'm using a 3.5 ranger through edited 2das in the override folder, and while this works fine in HotU (I tested it through levelling at the beginning), it's not working in Wyvern Crown, and is instead defaulting to the 3.0 ranger. Does anyone know why Wyvern Crown is seemingly ignoring the override folder and what I can do about it?

Thanks

I might be mistaken but I believe that Hak Paks are higher priority than the override folder, so the Neverwinter Nights - Wyvern Crown of Cormyr.hak might be overriding your override. The default campaigns don't use Haks as far as I recall so that's probably why your override works for HotU.

Sadly I don't think you can edit the premium modules or their haks to use your overrides.
  • DarvonDarvon Member Posts: 8
    Alas. Ah well, never mind. I'll just play a different character for that module then. Thanks for the help :)