Skip to content

How to launch the game? standalone install

just as the topic says, i opened the launcher, says preload complete, but so wheres the 'launch game' button?

Comments

• ArbarthArbarth Member Posts: 3
    I am having the same issue - will not download the last part of the game.
  • MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106
    Second that.

There are probably some (very stressed) people working to resolve it, though.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Guys, take it easy. There's probably 10,000 people attempting to get into the game right now. I mean, the Vanilla forums servers have been crashed apparently because of BGEE, think about poor beamdog servers! XD
  • COrmithCOrmith Member Posts: 15
    So 1.8gb Preloaded, the Client does not auto populate the launch button? Is their more to Download?
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    Guess they should have done this another way. They could have written it into the code to go active at a set date and time so we could have totally preloaded it instead of having to have they push a small download today
  • selmarusselmarus Member Posts: 2
    I have the same issue, the program stays on 'Loading News....' and 'Preload Complete' (1.8Gb downloaded)
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    An official word on if this is just a server overload would be nice though, just so we know it's not on our end with differences between the Beamdog client and the Standalone Installer. I'm using the stand alone installer. My news will load, and it still says Preload Complete. I'm hoping though it's just the servers being stressed, in which case I don't have a problem being patient.
  • F23F23 Member Posts: 3
    they should have just started applying patch when it was finished, except the final one file which could have been uploaded last, quick and safe

no, better upload 100mb upon release time, how is that smart?
  • metrometro Member Posts: 5
    This is without a doubt the WORST game launch I have seen in many years. The entire implementation flat out sucks.
  • metrometro Member Posts: 5
    This is without a doubt the WORST game launch I have seen in many years. The entire implementation flat out sucks.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    You obviously haven't payed attention to Blizzard's game launches?
  • woekingwoeking Member Posts: 3
    I am having the same issue also. Would it kill them to give us some info while we wait? Im starting to feel ripped off.
    delays can happen, patches hotfixes too, thats fine, but not uploading the major part sooner and leaving the launcher file for release and instead trying to upload 100mb patch all at once is just a strategical mistake
  • nabassuknabassuk Member Posts: 2
    "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Windows is available as a direct download from Beamdog, with no client install necessary. Pre-load the game now so you can access it immediately after release on November 28th!"

after release on November 28th!

AFTER !

so tommorow ?!
    ok appearently i was now able to click on preload complete, also can check uncheck p2p dl
  • ShellyShelly Member Posts: 14
    It's forcing me to redownload the 1.8 GB game. What was the point of preloading? Sheesh.
  • woekingwoeking Member Posts: 3
    Same here but downloading at 56 kb/s.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Just hang in there guys. I'm averaging downloading at 150kb/second.
  • AikimoxAikimox Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2012
    To all those experiencing weird crashes:
    Set compatibility to Win98/Me
    Enjoy the Game!