Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Need assistance with save files in EE (Steam)

Hi all,

I started PS for the first time last night and I am loving it. At the end of my play session last night (almost left the Mortuary) I made a manual save and exited the game. I booted up the game this morning, played for about an hour and a half, quick saving occasionally as I played. I saw this dragon like character in the Hive and quicksaved before approaching him. When I did, Morte warned me to leave him alone. I figured "hey, I just quicksaved so who cares?" I keep talking to him and he kills me. No biggie, I can just load my file. Except when I go to the load screen... all the quick saves from today aren't there.

Only the slots I had filled up from the previous day and the manual save I made before I signed off. So I try testing out my quick save function to make sure I wasn't stupidly missing something... but no. It keeps saying it's successful. But it never shows up in the list of quick saves. So I think "do I have to manually delete the quick save slots to make room for new ones?" So I delete all but one of them.... and no, I can't make any more. So instead I decide, ok I'll make a manual save over the manual save from last night. I do that and... it disappears! Not "replaced" it just deletes it! So I make a brand new manual save and FINALLY it sticks. So I can make NEW manual saves, but apparently quick saves don't work and manual overwriting is a no go.

I did some research and apparently similar issues, but not identical ones were happening to those with Anti Virus software but the fixes I saw suggested haven't changed anything on my end. I will note though that when I went to investigate the file locations on my computer... the ones I deleted are still there! Or at least it looks like it, when I click on some of them it says "access denied" but I know at least some of the "deleted" ones I'm able to open. My saves are located here:

C:\Users\seang\OneDrive\Documents\Planescape Torment - Enhanced Edition\save

Can someone please help me? I fell in love with this game so quickly and now it doesn't want me to play it!