Skip to content

BG:EE Positive Criticism Thread

13»

Comments

• rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    I noticed some inconsistencies with quest giving. In Candlekeep, I grabbed the Bolts, Antidote, and Hull's Sword before I visited any of those quest NPCs. I spoke to them, got the quests, then spoke to them again for the reward.

In Friendly Arm Inn, I was wearing the Piercing Resistance belt and spoke to the dwarf, Unshey, and he just took it from me on first speech. Well, second speech: When I spoke to him with my main with low CHA, he told me I smelled. Actually, maybe he's a gnome because he told me I smelled like a wet dwarf.
    Anyway, I spoke to him with Imoen and he just took it.
  • KrypteiaKrypteia Member Posts: 50
    I'm noticing if you are on Windows 7, and you tab away to another program, then tab back to Baldur's Gate, it flashes in a highly annoying fashion until you interact with the game somehow (for example, going to the inventory, or picking a dialogue option). It's not a major thing, since it can be fixed so easily, but it is mildly irritating.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    Where did Contrast and Brightness go?

I'm a sad panda! Everything is sooo dark!
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    put some options in the graphic config screen other then just full screen. Even if they do nothing, it just looks lonely in there by itself :P
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    @Bjjorick Reminds me of Bioware when TOR launched. The medium setting was the same as the low setting and there was an auto-aliasing box but it was greyed out. The official response was that the AA box was a bug and there was no medium option (waves hand to force persuade).
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    lol, i got into that game late, when all of that had been fixed (about a year after it had been on pc) so i never got to enjoy all of that.

in fact, i don't think i've ever tried for a day 1 pc game before, the only thing i've ever cared enough to get day 1 was ff7 (got 2 days early thanks to crappy gamestop/eb/babbages/whatever employees) and metriod fusion. So this is the 3rd game in my life i was hyped up enough to have prebought, gone out of my way to get day 1, and i'm loving it. :D
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    DukeGr said:

All in all i believe that if the "release" build we got has so many bugs, they must have been fixing some serious gamebreaking bugs the past few months the delay happened.

That would be correct. :)

• AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    edited November 2012
    @Zeckul, any word on when the next game update will be? I'm sure many of us who bought the game are holding off on starting to play, until some of the more major issues are fixed (like fps).

P.S. I was just watching some random youtube vids on baldur's gate and then i realized the narrator/player named his main Zeckul. I'm guessing that's you? :D
    Post edited by AlexDeLarge on
  • BorsookBorsook Member Posts: 152
    Speaking about issues - do you have screenshots for the saves you manually make?
  • AenorAenor Member Posts: 64
    THACO shown in inventory is calculated wrong for every character. Is this a common bug?
    Another big gripe - nothing was done to improve AI scripts, e.g. still there is no way for a Cleric to turn undead without turning off the AI
    To clarify on my question above - the screenshots are not taken when one clicks on quit and then save.
  • DaveG_LeedsDaveG_Leeds Member Posts: 12
    Ok - my thoughts so far.

1). Firstly, the launch and preload was a mess. I gave my money TWO MONTHS AGO and a patch gets dropped on launch? Spent two and a half hours waiting to get the game launched/updated when I'd made a point of 'booking the time out' with the Mrs so I could play. Minor irritations.

2). The game looks and sounds nice, especially on full screen decent res.

3). Far too many random crashes - I crashed four times in a row trying to leave the mine town earlier for no apparent reason.

4). Pathfinding - Please, please get this updated. My PC's are stuck behind buildings 80% of the time requiring various reclicks. I know in the original BG you could update an .ini file to improve this - can it be done again?

5). PC reaction to commands is really poor with scripting activated - Example: Xan starts casting a spell but is about to be attacked by a bear that will probably rip his head off. I ask him to move, he moves for about half a second, then goes back to stand next to the bear and starts casting another spell. Same with Jaheira - I was using her to kite a bear around while my ranged attackers took it down, but even mid-traverse she was trying to cast cure wounds. If I'm issuing a command, the scripting shouldn't try and override that.

6). Mouse scroll - covered already, but needs to be sorted. Manually clicking through the journal is horrifying.

7). Difficulty - I have this on normal but MY LORD IT'S HARD. Was it always this hard? I'm finding myself quick loading almost every fight as someone with 6-9 HP gets smashed to bits by arrows or a lucky shot from a mage. My main character is a mage with 18 CON (I know, I know!) but only started with 6HP. Monk guy you meet has 9? Harsh.

8). Scripting - I'm sure there were more scripts, like having a rogue looking for traps all the time. Did I imagine this?

9). PC's in general seem to have some strange responses to being attacked. Khalid has a habit of just running off, even though he's set to Fighter/Defensive and at full health? Characters who run because they're low on health don't automatically return to the fray when you've healed them - again, unnecessary clickage when I've set up scripts.

All in all, I'm liking it as I did the original, but there's work to be done before I'll be happy that I parted with $20 for what currently is far from enhanced.

D
    Ok, so a big critisism. The game which worked fine before stopped working after the first hotfix. All I can see is white screen...