Skip to content

Area Transition does not work on creatures?

ValeriyaValeriya Member Posts: 55
edited January 2019 in Builders - Toolset
So using waypoints to get creature to move between areas failed, while my character uses the area transition trigger successfully; the creature with the waypoints just stands on the area transition and does not transition.

Does area transition for creatures need to be separately scripted as "OnEnter" or something?

Comments

• SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    Not sure if this is the issue you're seeing, but worth mentioning:

Walking waypoints cross areas has a few limitations. Most notably, you can only use the "Area Transition" trigger that's a standard trigger in the toolset. If you make a custom trigger that has an OnEnter script to port you over, the pathfinding will not figure out that it is the area transition to another area and won't know it should use it.

Secondly, the paths between areas are calculated when the module loads. Any areas added afterwards (via CreateArea()/CopyArea() ) will not be included in this list, and NPCs won't know how to reach them.
  • ValeriyaValeriya Member Posts: 55
    No, that's not the issue. But I realized it's more of a scripting issue so this thread can be locked and I'll ask in more details in the new thread... thank you