Skip to content

BG2EE Request Thief/Mage/Cleric

KyluKylu Member Posts: 5
Hello,
Not exactly sure if this has already been done or even where to post it.
If it hasn't already been done, would it possible for someone to create a Multi-Class that combines Thief/Mage/Cleric. FMC, MC, MT and CT exist so I don't see how TMC would be game breaking and infact I'm of the belief that it should even be in Vanilla.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Kylu

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Creating new multiclass combinations cannot really be done, as these are hardcoded.
    This is especially true of the classes you mention because they have unique abilities such as Lockpicking or spellcasting that have influence on the UI and spellbook accessibility.
    There is no combination of class that has access to both divine and arcane spellbooks as well as thieving UI, so it's not even possible to circumvent the issue.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    In addition to what Arunsun said, BG2EE is based on 2nd Edition AD&D rules, and only supports multi class characters defined by that ruleset. The M/C/T combination was never a part of the source game (1st or 2nd edition) so is intentionally not a part of the game - it is no accidental omission. This is also why some races are very limited in the class and multi class options available to them - which I believe is largely a flavor issue, rather than game balance.

3rd Edition D&D supported much freer combination of character classes, and is the ruleset behind Neverwinter Nights.

Also, a more legitimate concern from source fidelity, 1st and 2nd edition AD&D allowed free reign on dual-classing, rather than restricting to known multi class combos, and if you had crazy stats to support it, you could dual class multiple times to pick up 3, 4, or more classes. That would have permitted your class combo in a different way, but with the high starting of the BG series, triple classing (and beyond) is probably best omitted! Still, Bard to Sorceror (or vice versa) might have been a spell casting powerhouse, never mind Sorcerer to Mage!
  • KyluKylu Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your feed backs guys.