Skip to content

Bug: BG1EE Import - Pet Familiar - Extra HP

My mage was imported from BG1EE with a familiar in the backpack. The familiar is gone, but the extra HP is still there.
I searched the forums and found a few old threads about this, but I thought it'd be a good idea to ask again: has it not been fixed yet?

Is there a workaround? Maybe go back to an old save and dismiss the familiar before importing? The problem is, when I try to reload my savegame, the ending credits roll and I don't have enough time to push it out of the backpack, much less talk to it.

Comments

• Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    You can't "dismiss" your familiar.
    If you want to fix this "problem", I suggest you use EE Keeper and alter your HP manually.

If I remember correctly, Baldur's Gate II used to give you 1 extra die worth of HP upon character generation. You now have a few extra HP for your lost familiar instead. Is that so bad?
  • VolatileVolatile Member Posts: 81
    Certainly not 'bad'. A bit like cheating, but not bad.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Hmmm, maybe your ferret decided he'd rather be the King of the Ferrets, and in order to free himself from his shackles he 'sacrificed' a few hit points to you for his freedom. Works for me!
    StummvonBordwehr
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    I think the problem is that the abilities and HPs of a familiar are different in SoA from BG1 (and different again in ToB). Therefore just maintaining your existing familiar wouldn't be correct. I do agree though that characters should lose the existing HP benefit for their familiar as part of the transition process.