Skip to content

Is it possible to tune opcode 147 ?

GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
edited February 2019 in General Modding
First, you must know that I have been working for more than 10 years on a mod that was designed to work on BG2-BGT. Even if I was happy Enhanced Editions engine allows me to solve a lot of things I could not achieve with classical games, I STILL want to release a mod playable with BG2-ToB.

And that's not easy every day... :*

The issue of the day is the following one and concerns my two paladin kits who learn special spells. With classical games, the only way to proceed was to remove their priest spells and give them new ones when they level up.

Using #147 with ToBEx did the trick.
The 'Flags' field modifies the behavior of the effect in the following manners:

[b]Bit 0: Learning the spell never gives experience (including scrolls from the inventory screen)[/b]
Bit 1: No effect (reserved for GemRB)
[b]Bit 2: Learning is always successful (including scrolls from the inventory screen)[/b]
Bit 3: No effect (reserved for GemRB)
Bit 4: If the spell is already learnt, no experience is given (excludes inventory screen)
Bit 5: Learning the spell obeys mage school exclusions (excludes inventory screen)
Bit 6: The spell cannot be learnt by sorcerer class (excludes inventory screen)
Bit 7: Learning fails if the target has already learnt the maximum number of spells as per INTMOD.2DA for the spell's level (excludes inventory screen)

Using this feature with EE forces the kits to gain XP when they learn those spells.
Is there a way to avoid that? I mean a more elegant way than to force them to gain no XP during the round they level up.
Post edited by Gwendolyne on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    That's what I do, the problem is that at every level, the character gains XP from learning new kit spells. And I don"t want it! This behavior does not occur in classical BG2 with ToBEx.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.