Skip to content

Extracting spell icons

enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
Heyo. For 100% nonprofit entertainment purposes (also to be posted here), I have need of the spell icons used by the game, in a format that works with an image viewer.

Both WinBiff and EEKeeper allow me to extract them as .spl files, but I don't know where to go from there. I could of course just take screenshots, and it is my Plan B, but I know I will be spending a lot of time making the cropping 100% consistent, and I'd prefer not to. Could also mention that I found an extensive icons datbase but it looks to have been created from inconsistently cropped screenshots with varying backgrounds,

The solution needs not support mass extraction. I only need like 10% of the icons and I'm fine with grabbing them one by one.

Cheers.

Comments

• GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    If you are not skilled with WeiDU, try the NI Mass exporter tool: Select BAM, export as PNG, then delete all png files exported except SPPRnnnB or SPWInnnB ones.
    enqenq
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    edited February 2019
    Hey thanks, that worked! Is there an easy way to filter out icons for other abilities too? Shapeshifts, Kai, HLA's, etc?

Edit: Obviously I found them right after asking.