Skip to content

[v1.64] Emily, a Half-Elf* Archer for BG:EE + SoD and EET

14567810»

Comments

• Alfre4uAlfre4u Member Posts: 41
    edited November 2022
    Very minor assumed pointed out already, unless some how my fault.
    I just ignored this as it very minor, but figured may as well post since I had greater issue with other gal and posted there just now.

I noticed the wandering text banter they have with eachother and Sirene are rather buggy they seem to possibly play things they should have said 1st/earlier after what comes after and or just get stuck on loop until something breaks the talk (combat)

ie couple off top my head I remember:

the 1 she has with recorder gets stuck at a loop on like what do bards sing, they like freedom

And 1 more recent I remember in better detail with sirene, I am sorry about such and such I know better now, I am hungry, here some bread, no I can't touch that it corrupted by your touch(this 1 line then repeats non stop until again broken).
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    Thanks for reporting this, I fixed both bugs in the master file.
  • Alfre4uAlfre4u Member Posts: 41
    Glad to help, absolutely love how fast and much work your putting into this. <3 Thanks for sharing and making great mods for such a beloved game even to this day.
  • Dalmir_The_DarkDalmir_The_Dark Member Posts: 51
    I think I might have found a bug in the SOD portion of the game. After talking to Caelar at Coast Way Crossing and returning to camp I ran into the Bounty Hunters, and then Emily turned up after they left and initiated dialogue with me. I asked her to join me and she gained some levels. I leveled her up and then clicked REFORM PARTY and released her from my party. She walks up to me like she wants to talk to me but nothing happens. And then she just stands there. When I try initiating dialogue with her myself, she will no longer talk to me. She just stands then at the place we first encountered her and she joined us.

Is this intentional? I imagine the expected behavior would be for her to talk to us after we release her giving us the option to say Sorry, I really don't want you to go, or be able to tell her to head to the camp.
    I had this fixed for a while, but it looks like I never uploaded the fix. I pushed the changed files to the download.
  • Dalmir_The_DarkDalmir_The_Dark Member Posts: 51
    Cool. I'll have to test it on my next run.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Skitia
    Greetings!

For my notes, what are the starting locations (map names, and preferably also the BG----/AR---- names, and coordinates) of the your NPCs in BG1, SoD, and BG2?

Thankee!
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 497
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Skitia
    Greetings!

For my notes, what are the starting locations (map names, and preferably also the BG----/AR---- names, and coordinates) of the your NPCs in BG1, SoD, and BG2?

Thankee!
    Emily is in front of Feldpost Inn in BGEE, near the first bridge in SoD, and in one of the inns in Waukeen's Promenade in BG2EE.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Wanted to confirm because the information here and in the bg2 thread is contradictory- what are Emily’s romance restrictions?
    edited May 2023
    Emily has the most restrictive requirements:

Male
    Not Evil.

(You also need to indicate romantic interest, have gained some approval, and finish the initial friendship talks for any NPC.)

Recorder is the same alignment but can be romanced by male/female

Vienxay/Kale can be romanced by male or female and any alignment.

The new, eventually coming NPC's requirement is female only, but any alignment.

BG1 may not have the alignment requirement, not 100% sure on that.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Thanks! I’m not ready to do a run with her yet, but I’m envisioning a run with her and halfling Rogue Archer (from the artisan’s kit pack). Possibly also with Domi’s Kivan because I’m kind of tickled by the idea of 3 archer types, and I think that’s the only other archer NPC out there
  • SorzoSorzo Member Posts: 9
    I may have run into a bug while doing Emily's BG1 content.

When meeting Rodwyn in Beregost, the Planar Hunters that spawn in don't kill him and instead just stand there. Talking to them initiates dialogue followed by combat and the completion of Emily's Tale in the journal, but she doesn't say anything after the battle or several in-game days and rests. Getting the letter on Rodwyn either by pickpocketing or manually killing him makes no difference, and talking to him resets the encounter (this also makes it possible to spawn in multiple sets of Planar Hunters).

While I don't recall the specifics, I know from a previous playthrough that Emily is supposed to learn
    she's an Aasimar
    during the events of this questline, and that never happened. Based off of a discussion on the Infinity Engine Discord, I'm guessing this is due to how the encounter with the Planar Hunters in Baldur's Gate played out. They attacked my party before we were tasked with dealing with them because Sirene was present, and as a result Emily never put the pieces together regarding her heritage.